Is it Weird that Nature makes me feel more spiritual?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I think most people feel more "connected" when out in nature. It's a reminder that ethereal world itself is a life form and we are all part of it. Even people who don't consciously think about that while in nature feel it.

Most Helpful Guy

• No not at all. When I've had really really shitty times. I find a long solo hike so the best way to heal and reflect

What Girls Said 24

• Not weird at all! Nature is full of magic and wonder! I love Nature and I have spiritual experiences in nature too. I'm very sensitive and it sounds like you are too! Which is a good thing. Means we are in tune with the natural world. Too many people have become disconnected to it.

I've heard spending time in nature helps with anxiety and depression, and makes us feel better. I truly believe that. Nature relaxes us, it calms us. One of my favourite things to do (even in the winter) is to go to the lake and just listen to the waves. It's so calming!

• Not at all! I'm the same. I love nature. When I was a child I would go on family vacations to Scotland. It was a beautiful scenic place in the middle of the countryside, and my father would take us out for midnight walks looking for wildlife. I have some cherished memories of those times.

• That's not weird at all...
    Maybe u feel connected to it in some way... I think k that's a good thing...
    It's so relaxing!!!

• nah
    It is stated in the biography of the prophet (saw) that nature is the primary guide to faith and very close companion of faith,
    This is why a desert is the best place for a believer, because it opens the human mind to observation, meditation, and initiation into meaning.

• I think it's normal to feel a connection to your more natural side when out in nature :) We're from it, so, why not feel more at ease in it. Not all of us have been conditioned to dislike it :)

• It at all spend more time outside in natural parks. It's a serotonin boost for sure.

• Not at all!

• No that's normal. Don't worry about ir :).

• Not at all. As a pagan I totally am with you

• You're just a true romantic I suppose :D
    And I'm obviously not referring to the romance definition

• 14d

I do like Gothic Horror

• 14d

Though I have to admit that my favorite Gothic Horror writer has to be Edgar Allan Poe

• 14d

Oh yeah his work wasn't bad

• Not at all. I think there are "spirits" (for lack of a better word) in everything. Also nature is the kind of thing that mankind can't recreate. It's awe inspiring.

• Nature makes me feel like more of an atheist.

• 14d

Really, interesting.

• 14d

Yep. Nature is phenomenal. I love that science made it, I love the beauty of it knowing it's completely pure and nothing created it or designed it. It did itself, created itself.

• no. because that's how i feel.

• Nope, i dont find that weird at all, i feel the same way.

• Not at all, nature makes me spiritual too
    imoviequotes.com/.../1-Pocahontas-quotes.gif

• Not at all it's beautiful go out and enjoy it more. It makes me feel at peace.

• Studies show this is common

• 14d

Maybe its because there is something in our souls that feels a connection

• no i think a lot of people feel that way. i sometimes am like that as well lol

• You've described a common experience :) look up transcendentalism.

• No. I feel that way sometime.

• $#&! NO!!! I feel the same way

#ImAnEarthGoddess

• Not at all. The energy of some places is amazing.

• No... most people feel that way.

• No it is not

What Guys Said 9

• Not at all. People in general are so disconnected from the nature. Humans develop this false identity called ego, which most humans, at this time of evolution, stays for the rest of their lives. Animals and nature doesn't have this energetic "aura" if you will. That's why it feels so good to be in nature or with animals, especially alone. That's what "spirituality" is all about in fact.

• No it is not weird at all - There is a whole school of art and literature that see spiritualism in nature - Think of pieces of literature and art that use nature as symbols for human emotions. Storms, Depression being described as the "Black Dog".

• I think it's more normal than weird

• No, I think it's natural to make that connection. In fact, that's exactly how spirituality was born as an idea.

• Nope. There's a reason why many people who lives in the mist of mystic nature are spiritual.

• I thought that that was pretty common.

• No its normal. It does that for me too. A connection to nature can do that.

• Haha we all feel the same way

• no not really I'd say that was fairly common for people to experience