How do I stop feeling like a loser?

As a person, no I don't think I'm a loser. I'm good-looking, smart, have interesting hobbies, etc.

As a student/professional? Total, total loser. No job, wake up at odd hours due to boredom, no friends because of lack of employment etc. etc.

I don't really know how to stop feeling like this. I'm 23 turning 24. I feel as though I'm losing a part of my life because I'm not putting myself out there.

What Guys Said 5

• I feel you bro. Do things that make you feel comfortable in your skin. I have been through what you are going through and I know it gets suffocating at times. If you have a hobby like music or dance then dont let go off a chance to showcase that in fr9nt of an audience. Even a little apprecition is a good starting point for you to do things further that might get you some recognition. Most guys around lack confidence but as they say fake it till you make it. So do it while at the same work upon yourself.

• 11d

I think I do have confidence I just know the world works a certain way and even I am not above the rules.

I am pursuing hobbies on the side. And they do make me really happy.

But I can't help but feel awful. And I can't help but feel as though my peers are probably going to move (and have already moved) much forward in their life... and as usual I'm nowhere.

• 11d

What is it that they did which made them surge ahead... analyse that. Everybody has a different struggle in life.

• You do need to push yourself out more, at least you recognize that. But not everyone has the same opportunities/chances, so also consider that.

• A good start would be asking non anonymously. I think I know who you are anyway..

• When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

• Stop feeling and do something about it, the things you like to do.

What Girls Said 4

• You're not a loser.

• Just because a person good looking don't mean the not a loser and it's not a reason for them to not be a loser.

• By making someone else feel like a loser. At least that's what I'd do if I were in your shoes.

• I don't know what to tell you. Have you tried talking to friends from school, going out with people? Job hunting. Just try to set a schedule for bed to try and feel better about your sleep. Good luck luv