Is my mum really uneducated? she actually asked me this?

She was like curious about lesbians. She's not biased against them at all.

But she was like... do lesbians get periods too?

I was like wow.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Periods are a social construct created by the patriarchy to keep women in pain. Dykes defy the patriarchy, ergo, they don't have periods.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she thinks lesbians have hormonal issues and too much testosterone and are more biologically masculine? I don't know lol :p

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• Check to see if she has an account on here. that sounds like manyh of the questions I have seen here.

• Lol! It could just have been one of those brain meltdown moments where you say something that on reflection is just ridiculous.

Still, I'd remind her of that comment constantly, it's pretty hilarious!

• No she was really serious. She actually didn't know.

It made me realize she really must be living in a different world for the most part

• Wow that is something else. Smh LMAO

What Girls Said 2

• Interesting. Maybe she have a inception of Alzheimer. Maybe she want to do some bad joke.

• Ur mom didn't grew up in a society that 'coming out of a closet' was a common. Thing, people are just ignorant of this things because they never heard of it or were exosed to it.