I'm not crazy Advice?

I was diagnosed with Schitzophrenia when I was 17 and now I am 21. It is not out of control or anything but I do have my moments where I lash out at people and turn into a different person but it is only when someone is provolking me and my mom is very good at that. I have been dealing with it on my own for a couple of years now without medication. I am currently getting help from a program and I love it but I included my mom in my treatment and now she is trying to control everything and I can not tell my therapist something without it coming back to my mom no matter how many times I tell them not to tell her they indirectly tell her like they are scared of her. She wanted me to tell the program that I wanted to take medication so I could have it on my record and somehow she got them to give me all of this medication that I am not going to take. I kept telling her that she was wrong and how she is wasting the program's money because I am not going to take it and she got mad and had me tell the program that I did not want to take the medication anymore. They called me and I explained and they told me it was alright and I did not have to take the medicine and to let them know if I wanted to later down the road and everything was fine. Now my mom is telling me that they are calling her telling her that I stopped my medication and that I need to keep taking it or I am not going to be able to control my mind and all of this other bullshit about how they think that I should be admitted into a mental hospital so that I will be able to get the help that I need and that they are very worried about me. WTF? This is exactly why I did not want to start this whole medication thing in the first place because the more that I try to tell them I do not need it the more they are going to think I am in denial and that I need more help. Advice?

What Guys Said 8

• What are your symptoms? Do you experience hallucinations? Paranoia? Delusions?

If you really want to get them off your back, just cheek the pills. Everyone in rehab does that, then they trade the fun pills for other fun pills. If you get something fun like an antipsychotic like seroquel (which is also used for sleep and is good for coming down off coke or other uppers) well, i won't tell you to do anything illegal. They can be sold for a pretty penny. Like a dollar a piece. Mood stabilizers, well, you can just s them in the trash. They think you're taking the pills, they're off your case, and you deal with whatever shit you have going on in your head by yourself. And if at some point you feel it's necessary, you can tell the doctors that you want to switch medications and actually start taking them.

• the real problem here is your mum. I am glad that you think you can solve this problem on your own, because you can. It's really all about mind power and power of will. Sometimes it might be good to take medication if the problem becomes more serious. But always believe in yourself and don't let your surroundings affect you. Yes you can hear what they say, and if you liked what they say and thought it made sense then there is no problem if you followed it. But if you heared what they said and you thought about it and did not agree with it, you do not have to do it nor listen to them. In the end, it's you who makes the decisions of your life and not others.
    if anything, i think ur mom is the one who has schizophrenia and u might have inherited it from her

• I know enough about psychiatry to tell you that I don't know enough about psychiatry to help you. New disorders and conditions have been identified or labeled quite a bit in the last few decades and it's a dicey situation. Plus, the drug companies aren't going to make it easier. That would diminish their profits.

• Yeah, you're in a bad situation where they are trying to convince you that you are sick because (1) it shifts blame away from them and on to you, and (2) the therapist get paid by promoting you as mentally unstable.

You need to just go out on your own for a bit and make your own way,

• You sound more bi-polar than anything.. What is your issue with medication anyway?

• You might need to get away from your mom if you can

• you sure it is schizophrenia? or is it that your social circle is trying to point fingers at you and make you think you are crazy, when in reality, they are being jerks or pulling random nonsense?

• 12d

Remember how white people tried to make Malcolm X look crazy when her told black people what racist white society was pulling? You pretend to be angels, when you are nothing but the devil. That was a classic line.

• you might not believe me bit whatever you typed is the exact same thing that I've gone through

What Girls Said 0