QUICK HELP PLEASE?

QUICK HELP PLEASE?okay. first off I'm sorry if it grossed you off or anything. a week ago i got a crack in my nail and today it got like that because my best friend's arm snatched away from my hand too quickly. and it hurts like a lot lot even to touch it lightly. im scared to cut if off because of the pain , i dont want to go to the ambulance or anything just because of this (people have more serious problems!) and lastly I DONT WANT TO TELL MY MOM cause she'll freak out and will yell at me for not being careful & she will worry too much (i dont want to add another worry to her already 1 thousand worries ) i need to take care of it personally and ASAP because im on so much pain right now ! please tell me what to do , it hurts :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah i had this problem heaps of times.
    1. Cut off the dead nail- its sucks but you gotta do it
    2. Put a bandaid on the nail- hopefully it will reattach.
    That's what I did and it worked.

• 14d

i couldn't cut it off much because i couldnt stand the pain and i was crying like crazy , but i did put a bandaid on it. thank you for your opinion :)

• 14d

Your welcome. But I really do recommend trying to cut off the whites just so that no further damage is done. Use a nail cutter and do it carefully.
      by the way your nails are so long, mine only seem to grow to about 3-4mm max

• 9d

yep im trying to cut it piece by piece til it's completely done. i really appreciate your advice's , thank you ^_^

What Guys Said 6

• I would suggest that you either bandage or tape the finger up to protect the nail and to allow it time to grow out. You might consider cutting the nail across, carefully, above the line of the damage just to reduce the stress on the damaged area. Don't try and cut too close to the damaged area.

• 14d

thank you for your opinion :D

• 14d

You can also get nail glue to repair a damaged nail. If you applied some of that to the broken areas it may help to stabilise the nail. You might try that and then use a bandage on top for protection.

• 14d

I dont have a nail glue and stores are so away from my home. i tried to cut it off across and above the line as you said , but i can't ! it hurts so much and im looking for a tape or something

• Sorry, but the right thing to do is going to make it obvious to see something happened to it. Put some neosporin on it and wrap a bandaid around it. After a day or two when it begins to heal, put Krazy Glue on it. Yes, Krazy Glue. I know what I'm talking about. I'm both a classical guitarist and a medical professional.

• cut it off piece by piece till its gone

• how about don't have nails that long? it's not your wound that grosses me out... it's the length of your nails...
    oh and to answer your question : grow some backbone and cut it off

• 14d

look , as much as u dont understand it , i had a crack that went down to inside the nail and i couldn't cut my nails of just because of that so please don't judge before understanding the situation.

• 14d

I understood perfectly... and if you want to heal : you cut it short and bandage it

• 9d

okay. thanks

• Da fuk? Get some fingernail clippers and just cut it off and stop being a pussy.

• Cut the nail off. Grit through the pain, your nail will grow back in and the broken part will fall off soon enough.

What Girls Said 7

• Trim it a little bit, and then let it grow out. When it does, cut the whole nail off.
    Your going to be fine... lol
    I have had a problem similar.

• Cut off as much of the nail as you can and leave however much is the most comfortable, then put bandaid around it and be sure to keep that thumb away from touching a lot of things.

• Just cut it off, the pain isn't that bad. Although I don't know how bad you can tolerate pain.

• It'll just break off eventually, you'll be fine.

• Carefully cut the white part without touching the pink one. Sorry if that hurts :(

• You need to cut off the nail.

• I know it hurts a lot, but you have to remove the damaged part of the nail. Take an aspirin or two to ease the pain and remove it by clipping, then apply some antiseptic to prevent infections (you have to apply it daily).