Do you fear going to the dentist?

I don't. Just came back from dentist's after extracting a milk tooth which hadn't fallen off so far. Contrary to popular belief, it wasn't painful at all. I have had my wisdom teeth pulled out before and it was slightly painful tho.

Hbu? Do you fear going to the dentist? Do you have any interesting stories about it to share?

What Guys Said 16

• I don't fear it as far as pain. I fear it because dentist are like auto mechanics where there seems to always be something wrong with something every time you go. Which takes more money out of your pocket.

• I went to the dentists a few times and find that they are not doing a sincere job. They are only after making money. So I have used an idea. I change my Dentist every time because the first time they always treat well. Then once you become their regular customer/client they look for making money. I don't fear about anything. It is not painful at all.

• Yes i dread going to the dentist , after a year i finally found a dentist
    who took my medical insurance and was willing to repair my one
    tooth with saving it instead of pulling out. I live in the Southwestern
    PA area of the States and recommend Dr Josh Huhn he's the only
    dentist whose helped me and the doctor he works for owns the
    practice and medical insurance companies.

• I've had like 5 cavities filled in my life. So many injections of lidocaine in my gums to numb it up.
    Plus my dentist assistant is a Brazilian lady and she is TOUGH! Every time she cleans my teeth it hurts. I don't mind going to the dentist though. I go every few months

• Not that I fear it - it's just mildly uncomfortable tbh

• Not at all. I only had one dentist who made me suffer: somewhere in S France, during a vacation.

• Well good for you..

• After a tooth extraction and the removal of my nerves in another tooth all done while conscious and only on a numbing agent?

I fear nothing.

• I had for wisdom teeth removed, he had to use a chisel and hammer to break bone so he could extract 2 wisdom teeth, so let's say after all of that i am not afraid anymore.

• Especially if it's what they call a hot tooth that needs pulling. Numbing doesn't work, the only thing that does work is a nerve block. your face is numb for the rest of the day. needle in abscess is EXTREMELY PAINFUL

• 7d

What is a hot tooth exactly?

• 7d

"The term ''hot'' tooth generally refers to a pulp that has been diagnosed with irreversible pulpitis, with spontaneous, moderate-to-severe pain. A classic example of one type of hot tooth is a patient who is sitting in the waiting room, sipping on a large glass of ice water to help control the pain."

• 7d

Whoa😓
      That must've been hard😷😷

• I actually love going to the dentist. I always feel so clean when I leave.

• The fact that oddly some people go into coma or stop breathing from anesthetic is a little hummm

• Dentist no... Orthodontist tes

• I keep havin erection problems as my dentist and the nurse are really hot.

• Not so much scared, just I hate the paperwork and that. So even if I was dying I wouldn't go to a doctor or dentist

What Girls Said 9

• I don't have a fear of the Dentist , but I dislike going.

• No, but I do dislike going now because they nag me to get my wisdom teeth out.

• 7d

Why? I mean there's no need to extract them unless they are impacted or something

• 7d

They are impacted, but they're fully pushed through and not giving me any trouble. I have a huge fear of needles, so I don't feel like getting surgery unless it's truly needed.

• yup, I am always scared to go there

when I was little I couldn't wait for the days when I would get older thinking I wouldn't have to go to Dentist anymore

• No I love the dentist lmao we are homies.

• not really

• Lol no. I've never been afraid to go to the dentist. I just go and come back.

• I'm not afraid of he dentist. I never understood why some people were.

• No. I am healthy

• Yes I fear going to the dentist but once I go and they make my teeth better and cleaner I love it, it's just the fear of actually going to me