If you were a president of your country - what would you do with illegal immigrants?

What would be the best course of action for the illegal immigrants?

• Welcome them all as the new and loyal citizens of your country, with all of their ethnic traditions?If you were a president of your country - what would you do with illegal immigrants?
  • Deport them to where they came from?If you were a president of your country - what would you do with illegal immigrants?
  • Send them into reservations, and build an electrified & spiked fence around that part of the country?If you were a president of your country - what would you do with illegal immigrants?
  • Assimilate them completely into your society, denying them their own culture?If you were a president of your country - what would you do with illegal immigrants?
  • Ask the UN what should you do?If you were a president of your country - what would you do with illegal immigrants?
  • Send them all to Canada?If you were a president of your country - what would you do with illegal immigrants?
  • I have no idea what I would doIf you were a president of your country - what would you do with illegal immigrants?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on where are they from, not all the immigrants come with good intentions.

What Girls Said 6

• My country is poor sooo lol we are the ones to leave in general, although we don't have that many Emigrants outside of France.

But during the Libyan civil war, we had almost 1 million Refugees and we welcomed them although we were politically unstable (only 2 months after our own revolution) and we are already poor. Many families in the South of Tunisia actually opened their doors to Libyan refugee families.
    If Syria was close to us I would be open to them coming to Tunisia and I would even let a family live with me.
    For me it's important to let people come to my country if their life is in danger (Refugee immigrants are welcome). Tunisia is and was always open to new people, we were also open to the Jews who escaped Spain.

Now as for economical immigrants. I would reconsider it because my country is already poor, they would have to come in legally. But if they already came here, found a job and are good citizens I would give them papers and make them legal citizens.
    I will also control my own population by not letting them take the sea to immigrate to Europe illegally, because the ones immigrating illegally are not many times not the "best out there".

• I'd deny their own culture, to welcome any ethnic tradition of any illegal immigrant is like performing suicide. If they want to stay and change their status to legal, they must accept the laws and traditions of the host country, and forget about theirs.

• Fix our security on the border to make it more difficult. Grant more options of latino people immigrating legally to the US.

• Yikes @ the answers

• 7d

Now you see the main reason why Trump got elected and Hillary didn't.

• 7d

@likitb4istickit LOL yeah the racists have come out!

• 7d

In actuality it has little to do with race. Black, White, Latino, Asian, or whatever doesn't matter much when someone is here illegally working for half of minimum wage in cash when someone born here or otherwise legal could have gotten it (albeit at 2x the cost to the employer). The fact most illegals are latino is just a coincidence, but playing the race card is always a favorite political tactic (for both the media and the employers trying to save a buck).

• I would deport all of them.

• I don't mean to terribly offend, but this is my opinion because you asked for it:
    If you were to deport all illegal immigrants, then American citizens would have to hop off of their high horses and do the work in the fields picking vegetables and fruits all day for AT MOST 50 cents an hour, which they wouldn't do. Or they could do landscaping, or cleaning, or any of the fruitless jobs that hardworking immigrants take up to support their families to give their children better lives. So then, either the price of lettuce is going to go up to $18 a pound, or the nation will starve, or there will be weeds growing everywhere in public areas, or the rich will have to start cleaning their houses themselves. Tah-frickin-dah. -_-

• 7d

On caljobs there were picking jobs that paid $12 per hour. That was years ago. I applied but I couldn't get the job. I would have been happy to get that work. There are plenty of unemployed Americans that would want those jobs. And they don't pay 50 cents per hour. I have known people that have done those jobs. They usually pay 1 or 2 dollars more per hour than minimun wage at least.

• 7d

@AynonOMouse I will help for free

• 7d

@kickme Free? I will work on it, but I want Mexico to pay my wages.

What Guys Said 15

• Depends on what the current immigration policy of the country is. First look at can the country handle the immigrants financially, security etc. Assume that some quota figure has been arrived at integrate the immigrants into the country on a multicultural level that respects both the native culture and the culture of the immigrant.

• They came for a reason. While I don't agree with how they got here, deporting them isn't the answer. But we have to decide what we want to do. Strengthen border security? Keep more from coming? Make Mexico the 51st state? How do you decide something like this?

• Put the electrified fence/armed automated drones with shoot-on-site programming around my country instead of a reservation. The ones already here get hunted down and deported with a warning about the drones if they attempt to come back. Hell that border "wall" (odds are it won't be a physical wall but just a no-man's region patrolled by drones with kill orders, too costly and take too long to build 2000 miles of it) is one of the main reasons I voted for Trump. Part of the reason the economy is shit (even when it's less obvious due to Obama's doctored Labor Dept) is because even without the illegals we haven't seen 2-3% real unemployment since the 1950's (too easy to just get disability or other welfare instead of work since the 1960's being another). We can't even give jobs to everyone we already have here and we import more job seekers? That's just retarded.

• They are in the country ILLEGALLY so the logical thing is for them to get their shit straight, catch up to the laws, get them pay their papers, and to involve in society in a legal and appropiate way, if not then get your ass deported back where you came from. After that, make border patrol stronger and stop more from getting in at the border.

^Other answer than that it's bullshit liberal propaganda.

• Get rid of them and send them back people need to learn that you are not rewarded for breaking the law. Not to mention these people are often being guided in by criminals from the cartel for a price. And criminals have snuck in with them leading to our civilians being murdered on the street.

I sympathize with them and I know why they are trying to escape but the law is the law and it must be obeyed those break it will pay the price.

But I will say this the wait time on becoming illegal must be lowered a decade is far to long to wait.

• honestly spoken? no 1 has a big heart then me i truly feel bad for them but something needs to be done. if i was trump here what i would do. i would sent up a country wide event for 5 months too make anyone who is here illegal into legal citizen of our county. this event would run for 6 months in every city and anyone who is illegal doesn't come for wide too get their citizenship after this time will be kick out.

• I'd see if there was a way to get them legal, and only deport those that couldn't become legal or were doing illegal things.

• They are illegal so deport them.

• Make the modern ones legal immigrants. Throw out the traditional ones

• As a Canadian, I am slightly upset with this poll.

• 7d

Sorry, that's just a joke meant for the Americans (I'm not one of them tbh) :)

• 7d

No, I am sorry for making you worry. 😊

• 7d

It's alright ;)

• Get them the hell out of there. Stop being an asshole and just pay for your papers and learn the countries language. I work at a gas station where we get a lot of wetbacks. I HATE them. They shit on the floor, throw their trash on the ground when a trash can is 3 feet away. then they look at you like you're the asshole when they speak Spanish to you and you don't understand them. I HATE THEM.

• 7d

Hate is a strong word, but in some cases, it's understandable.

• Stop them at the borders. And have border patrol.

• They're more beneficial to society than people realize, what should be done is to grant them citizenship and make the citizenship process for future immigrants easier to complete

• If they are in a country illegally, then they're not permitted to stay any longer, such as if their visas has expired and they had not been given new permission or approval to stay any longer. Besides allowing and keeping illegal immigrants around would be unfair to those other "legal" immigrants that had to go through the whole system and process just in order to go to that country legally and live there. How is it fair to those that legally immigrated?

Sorry but it's just like having a stranger or someone overstaying in your own home for more than the amount of time that you had originally permitted them to stay, as they have to go, since it's not their home.

The worst are those that are smuggled within the borders or have found a way to illegally enter the borders.

Nothing wrong with legit and legal immigration though.

• Welcome them all in. They have as much right to be there as anyone as long as they follow the country's laws. And there won't be any illegal imigrants if it's not illegal