What's wrong with my bird?

I woke up today morning to feed my birds so i found my black female pigeon dead, this got me sad but the problem is that my male pigeon is not eating since his wife died, he's just sitting in the cage without doing anything, I'm worried because my other pigeons are eating well like there's no tomorrow, What should i do? i didn't expect birds to be that emotional and sensitive, how do i get him feel better? do you think bringing another female pigeon is a good solution?
look at his face now, you see? he's just sitting in one place, looks so sad.
What's wrong with my bird?
This is him with her before she die

What Girls Said 3

• That's so sad :-(
    I really don't know maybe he is sad and lonely. I don't know if getting another bird will help or make it worse. Sorry not much help I am still learning about birds myself.

• 6d

Thanks for your comment, i think it will help him, i have to try... take care of your birds :)

• 6d

Thank you I love my birds each day more and more

• aww he's in mourning. So sad... the best you can do is give him time and bring another female in..

• awee :(
    yea maybe buy a new female one in 2 days

What Guys Said 6

• I like birds. Poor guy. I wish there was something you could do to provide him comfort. Does he make any noise that sound like he's crying? What if you try to feed him from your hand? Will he eat what you feed him from your hand? Or will he ignore you? He does appear to be very unhappy that he has lost his mate. I think pigeons are monogamous and can get very emotionally attached to their partner. I would try bringing another female pigeon to see if that would help, especially if he's not willing to eat or drink no matter what you try to do to comfort him.

• 6d

Yes, he's making the same noise he used to make when calling her for mating/sexual intercourse, and i tried that but he didn't eat, fortunately he's eating now but not like he used to before, one of my friends had a parrot that lost his mate and didn't eat till he died. thanks for your help.

• Probably mourning.

• This happens sometimes, your pigeon is depressed and is starving yourself to death

• So cute buy a other one

• He is depressed because the female died. If he doesn't eat, he will die. If I were you I would seriously try and put food in his face or something! You gotta hurry and figure something out!! I have 3 little birds myself and I love them

• well i think finding him another wife will be a good solution, but also ensure that the male one isn't sick or something.