I've been struggling with depression lately and I'm not sure how to cope?

I'm 14 years old and my depression is getting out of hand. I've had it all my life, I've been suicidal from the age of about 5. But recently it's gotten so much worse. My parents hate me and they don't even try to hide it, my mom is never around anymore, I haven't seen my 8 year old sister for more than about 3 seconds in a year. I've been in and out of self harm for quite some time; I'll do it for a while then with the help of one of the few people who actually care about me I'll stop, then something will happen and I won't be able to stop myself. Up until now, it's been faking a smile. But now, I'm at the point where I'm faking every emotion that I have. I've attempted suicide twice within the past month. My grades are dropping, resulting in my dad and step mom beating and yelling at me more than they would have anyway. They think that my mental disorders are me being a lazy over dramatic teenager. So I tried online therapy and surprise surprise, I'm too messed up for that and should physically seek help. But I can't exactly do that when my parents won't let me. Does anyone know how to help?

What Guys Said 2

• I am a psychologically gifted mind, fucked by man, and cliving to God. I am gentle and believe in Freedom Of Belief. But, if you have faith even as small as a Mustard Seed (Very small seed), I would say turn to Jesus?
    In Jesus' name you're healed.

• Drugs

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know much about depression, so I'm not gonna lie and say "I know how you feel", but I do have a few suggestions. Why don't you find something that you like to do that can make you happy. Like writing story's if you like to write. Or singing, drawing, video games. Do something that makes you happy and develop a passion for it. Whatever you do don't kill your self!! 😢Pleasseee don't. You may think that everyone hates you or you may feel put down by a lot of people, but I promise you that the world wouldn't be the same without you❤️There's people that love you and care about you. If you have to, do yoga to help you relax. Make new friends who are going to support you and be there for you. Always surround yourself with positive people, it will really bring your mood up.

• I deal with depression on a day to day basis. Its not easy. And not to many people will understand what you are going through, they may tell you to get over it. But its not that easy as it sounds. Its important for you to stay away from triggers that may make you feel down. I do advise that you see someone. You may need meds to cope from a day to day. It will be easy because depression comes and goes. But over time you will learn how to cope with it. Many people suffer from depression, so dont think you are alone.

• 7d

you don't get it I can't see someone my parents won't let me I can't get meds without permission from them and they won't let me do that either. sorry if that came off as rude but it's impossible for me to get professional help. I've tried so hard but I can't do it.

• when you have doctor's appointment, tell them you have depression. Tell them a bit about your situation perhaps they would listen.

Other than that, I don't know tbh

It sounds severe and I feel it needs professional help.
    For some spiritual belief can aid, but it's not the same for everyone though.

I have heard having a pet/ like cat helps but your parents sounds as if they would not allow that

• Girl I'm terribly sad to hear that. Been in a similar shit... you should learn to take care of yourself and ofc insist on your parents to take you to a psychologist... be nice to yourself and think school is something you do for you not for them

• 7d

I've tried to get them to take me. I went once. He told them my problem was severe and I needed treatment, but they wouldn't let me. It's not like we don't have the money, they just think I should tough it out and whenever I bring it up they yell at me and beat me. It just won't work.

• I'm in the same boat as u. My mom literally had me almost killing myself this morning while threatening to kick me out of the house

• 7d

Good to know I'm not the only one... why was she threatening to kick you out?

• 7d

my mom literally hates me and one of my brothers. she'll literally try every day to try and find a reason to yell at us or berate us until we can't take it anymore. and if she knows we wanna hurt ourselves she'll literally stalk us until we snap and have to leave

• 7d

Well I'm sure it'll work itself out eventually...

• Oh gosh that's so horrible :( I am so sorry that you're facing all that crap at your age too. :/
    Can't you tell the school about it? They could arrange for you to meet a counsellor during school hours maybe?