If Jesus thought that he himself is God, why did he not say so?

A teacher of the Law of Moses asked him as follows: "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

Jesus replied: "The most important one is this: 'Hear 0 Israel, Yahweh our God, Yahweh is one. Love Yahweh your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength" (Mark ch. 12, v.28-30).

Notice that Jesus was quoting the first commandment from the book of Deuteronomy, ch. 6, v. 45. Jesus confirmed not only that this commandment is still valid, but also that it is the most important of all the commandments.

15d Is Jesus God? The Bible Says, "No!" Part 4

Do the teachings of the Bible proclaim the divinity of Jesus?

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a33230-is-jesus-god-the-bible-says-no-part-4

What Girls Said 2

• The way I have come to understood it is this: the only reason the Pharisees asked Jesus to just come out and say "I'm God" was to so they could accuse him of blasphemy. Jesus wasn't any man's idiot. He knew that he had done/said enough to verify his authenticity. Any person with enough humility in their heart didn't need him to say it—they knew it.

Jesus used his silence as a tool; like a sword separating bone and marrow. Only people without faith needed him to say it, and they only wanted him to say it so they could accuse him of falsely claiming to be God.

And he did admit he was the Son of God after his miracles. Just never in a straight, quotable sentence...

• 15d

To Jesus, actions not only spoke louder than words—they kept him alive longer. He was on a mission, and needed to stay alive long enough to fulfill it.

• 14d

I want you to read everything you have said to me so far and then we are going to have a private discussion if that is okay with you.

• 13d

Is it going to be intellectual and mature, or pompous religious bashing?

• Jesus and God are one. Like if you bake bread, it becomes all that is in it.

What Guys Said 3

• Your love for Islam is understood but it's called blind faith for a reason - you simply won't be able to come to a conclusions whether the real god is Jesus or Allah... for all we know, these are just stories and Islam was created after Christianity with the hooes to dominate - therefore it makes all the sense to push teachings that Jesus is not the one but Allah is

Blind faith, keep that in mind... believe what your heart says, nothing else matters... it's different for everyone

• 15d

do you believe Jesus?

• 14d

someone who has been reading myTakes sent a message today

he said "I have been reading your Takes and I learned that Jesus is not God but who is God?

the moment you understand that Jesus is not God and you stop worshiping him then ask me this question and I will be happy to answer it.

• 14d

That means you completely didn't follow or understand what I was trying to tell you

There is no wrong or right. God is a symbolic meaning. It's everything and everyone. if you believe jesus is god than god itself will transcend through that depiction much like for you god will transcend through your god. And for others a different way

You could pray to a peice of stone on the ground and god would listen. It's the idea from within young one

• They are both God. But they are different parts.

Three parts to God:
    -The Father: Rules Heaven.
    -The Son: Sent to Earth to cleanse humanity.
    -The Holly Spirit: Acts on the Earth.

The Father, the son, and the Holy Spirit are all God...
    but the Father is not the Son or the Holy Spirit...
    the Son is not the Father or the Holy Spirit...
    and the Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son.

• Pretty sure Jesus did say he was God. But for theological questions, I'd go to your local church and ask the priest. GaG ain't the place for this. These folk don't know crap 'bout the bible.

• 15d

Jesus is PART of God, like my arm isn't me. It's part of me.

• 11d

if they are equal then why did Jesus say that the father is greater than him?

"My Father is greater than I." The Bible, John 14:28

• 11d

he also said that the father is greater than all (all includes everyone even Jesus and everything even the Spirit).

"My Father is greater than all." [The Bible, John 10:29]