What is the name of God in the Bible?

What Girls Said 1

• God is just God. Period.

What Guys Said 3

• My good friend, peace be with you.
    I will watch this video at a more convenient time. It is early morning here, I remain abed and my lovely wife still sleeps. For the moment I offer the following thoughts as general observations.
    Is it wise to speak of 'the' name of God? As if He can have but one name? Surely it is not our place to put limits on divinity or even for us to imagine we can begin to comprehend the tiniest fraction of Him. This is my quibble with Christian theologians, whose elaborate mental constructs are by definition wrong. It is my quibble with atheists, especially those who insist that they 'know' that God does not exist. This is my quibble with my Muslim friends who say that God must be limited to a singularity, and therefore Christianity is erroneous because of our belief in the holy trinity. The importance of the Trinity is simply this: it is rather arrogant for us to try to limit the one God in any way shape or form. Christians of course do exactly the same thing when we criticise Hindus for their 1,000's of deities. The underlying reality of the one, infinite God is that He/She is beyond all concepts of limitation.
    Which brings me back to the sad fact that I have yet to watch your video, and I say this because in the book of Exodus, God gives to Moses, as His name, Yahweh. I see this a probably the Hebrew equivalent of Allah. God explains to Moses that Yahweh means 'I am who am.' This is utterly startling. 'I am' is the first person singular of the verb 'to be.' So the first meaning of Yahweh is 'singularity.' God is, in a word, all existence. English words like 'essential', 'necessary' and 'essence' all derive from the Latin word 'esse' meaning 'to be'. The word Yahweh (I'll not call it a name) says that God IS existence, the essential necessity of all being and of all creation. If there is no God, there can be no existence.
    I will add to this opinion after watching the video. In the meantime, peace be with you.

• 16h

after you've watched the above please watch this one too
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqG44rFSWbs

the question I asked was "What is the name of God in the Bible?"

I didn't ask "what is the name of God?" because I know the answer to this question (what is the name of God?) can be given by only someone who knows the Quran.

"Allah - there is no deity except Him. (none has the right to be worshipped but He)! To Him belong the Best Names." 20:8

"Say, "Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names." 17:110

"And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allah, so call on Him by them, and leave the company of those who belie or deny (or utter impious speech against) His Names." 7:180

"He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." 59:24

• 11h

"I didn't ask "what is the name of God?" because I know the answer to this question (what is the name of God?) can be given by only someone who knows the Quran."
      I am so sorry that you are not interested in dialogue or even lowly debate, but only in preaching. Unfortunately it seems to have impaired your ability to read. I gave you the name of God in the bible with a bit of exegesis and as valid a theological question as there can be, our human limitation in the face of the divine.
      As the ancient Romans would say by way of a final parting, 'goodby and farewell and peace be with you.

• God has three names in the Bible... Father, Son and Holy Spirit 😂

Yahweh, Jehovah, Adonai, and all the other Hebrew names are originally Jewish names for God. The Christians just stole those from them.

Allah is the muslim/arabic name for God.

• the god of the bible is named yahweh.

allah was the mecan's moon god who muhamed turned into the only god.

• 7d

where in the bible is God named yahweh?

• 7d

pages 8, 16, 18, and many others.