Do you believe that religious people have more of a duty to be kinder people?

like they shouldn't swear, or bully, or anything like that?

What Girls Said 14

• Yes I do.

A religious person is obligated to abide by their own religious teachings cos they represent God- their religion , so if they act in an unkind way etc then they bring reproach upon God's name and the rest of their " church's " followers ( their wrong behaviour tars everyone in their " church" with the same brush as though to speak) So they have a responsiblity towards their "church"and to God

I'm sure if they are intentionally mean and unkind they won't have a righteous standing before their God so it would make their worship invalid

• yeah, when you are religious, you are taught to be kind to people, attain patience and so on but obviously they are normal human being.

Just that they constantly strive to be the best they can be; specially that they try to gain awareness/ consciousness which would make them pause and think before saying or doing something that they might regret later

• nah, love they do all of that it's called bible thumping and god shaming.

on a serious note no I don't.

• Yes, because they are putting the image out there that they are always trying to do the right thing and be kind to people even the ones that hurt them. But that may become a burden to some to do, thats why so many people who are religious usually end up being serial cheaters

• Not a duty, but generally the judgement of others sins makes me feel like those preaching should lead by example

• They have a duty to be just and accommodating and to prioritize social causes over religious ones but I don't think they have an obligation to be nicer to others. For example - I would never be nice to somebody who sleeps around or somebody who tells lies or somebody who doesn't respect poor people.

• I think everyone should be kind, regardless of religion or not.

• ıt is not duty

• no, all people have the same duty, some choose to acknowledge it some don't religion doesn't matter.

• They should do what they want

• No. Everyone regardless of religion should make an effort to be kind to people.

• Only those who claim to be "holier than thou" because they are x religion.

• yeah

• Religious people don't have a monopoly on morality. No.

What Guys Said 15

• Not being religious myself, I will say I have noticed that religious people tend to be more charitable. Religious couples are also more likely to adopt children. I don't think they have to be perfect specimens, but they should make an honest attempt to adhere to the standards they want others to follow.

• No they don't have more Duty. A person can be a jerk just as anyone else. Everyone should have at least some common decency about themselves. I'm a religious person. And I don't feel that it's an extra Duty or an extra step that I have to do. Generally speaking no one should just go around bullying or acting belligerent. That's just my opinion about common morals.

• No, I don't think so. This would require a sliding scale for moral standards, which is effectively *no* moral standards. And in that case, one cannot reasonably have any expectations of behavior for anyone.

• Daily life experience answers 'no' to this.

• Probably. Although atheists are more likely to be kind than religous people.
    Only.1% of the prison population is Atheist/Agnostic while 7.1% of the total US population is Atheist/Agnostic.

• as it is written, love those who hate you... so they will know you as children of God... something like this

the truth is, i m crhstian and people dont understand the faith isn't about rules and regulations. we dont count our sins and ask for forgiveness to time it with death to get to heaven. mulsims keep praying and dont even know they are saved or not.

• ıt has nothing to do with beng religious everybody must be like that as a person

• all humans are born with morals, it has nothing to do with religion. in fact an athiest is most of the time more moral because in religion if "god" tells you to do something crazy you will do it. an athiest is more logical. name all the wars caused by atheism and compare that to all the wars over religion

• I'm nice just because. I want to lead by example. I don't need a reason to be nice. Yea just because I'm religious doesn't mean I have a duty to be nice. That's just my personality.

• No but they will be judged more harshly if they are not as compared to an atheist.

• Yes, We all do.

• We all have that duty. Sure religious people should take that duty to heart.

• i think religion gives rise to naturally biased people.

• They have an extra incentive. Whether you want to consider that a duty or not is up to you.

• Nah if someone's religious I expect they won't be as kind. Athiests are usually kinder