Is it weird that Men found Shy Women attractive but nowadays the Confident ones are considered attractive?

It's like in the past shy women were considered feminine and it attracted men because of feminity. But nowadays shy women are much more likely to be overlooked compared to a confident woman.
Of course I could be wrong but this is my observation. By confident I dont mean sluts. I'm just talking personality trait. Is it that shy women take to long to open up or something?

What Guys Said 19

• I think your premise is flawed - I think you are equating women who had traditional values and goals - and were even perhaps somewhat submissive - as "shy" - but that's not at all the same thing.

I think many men have always been attracted to confident women - it's just that female confidence has been expressed differently in the past compared to today.

• For me, it's definitely the last part.

In modern times we have access to FAR more women thanks to better transport/communication. I'm not restricted to the girls i work or grew up with anymore. Life is too short to be hanging around on the coattails of one girl who might not even like you.

• Shy women weren't preferred due to their feminity, they were preferred because their purpose was to look pretty and sit back at home.
    Nobody wanted their women to be confident, they were meant to be cute trophies to be added to the collection of their husband's accomplishments.

Times change, both genders are embracing their self worth.
    Men no longer need pretty wives to show off to their peers and indulge their masculinity and women no longer need men to earn their place in the society.
    In a way, humanity is currently the best version of itself.

• I like shy girls more for long term because it's like gaining their trust is an accomplishment ya kno. confident girls are just more fun to hang with

• I prefer reserved introvert/ambivalent women that are confident... Why? Because that is how I am... Shy on the other hand tends to stem from anxiety and insecurity. Quite, smart, and confident is all good. Talk talk talk talk is just too much on the day to day but I can deal with it short term...

• Shy women are easy targets. Easy preys. Sometimes they also happen to be hot, so that's why people go for them. Also, they are less full of themselves, so it may be easier to live with them, rather than with a self entitled one.

• I kind of fall for the shy, sweet, cute ones but that's just me. Some women are out right cocky and really entitled.

• I personally still prefer the shy, awkward type. It has nothing to do with femininity or anything, I'm just more comfortable around them.

• The shyness of a girl adds a bulk of cuteness and a touch of innocence, that's enough for a guy to fall for that 😍😅

• Yes. I totally understand what you mean. I've always noticed that. But personally I find shy girls far more attractive (on average)

• It's called cultural narrative mainstream will try to push certain ideals into your head

Just think for yourself and like what you want

• 14d

Precisely why I try to stay away from too much tv/social media.

• not really i still find shy and coservative ones more attractive

• i like shy still.

i think the type you describe are overbearing and obnoxious later on

• What's weird about it?

• I like the shy innocent type. I don't think they get overlooked at all, I think that because they're shy that can sometimes come across as if they're not interested when really if the guy has the confidence to make the first move they'd find out that's not always the case.

• Confident and dominative women attrective

• What if you're not attracted to femininity.

• Blame feminism

• I like shy women, as long as they are confident/outgoing enough to ask me out the first time, then after that she can go back to being shy. I just need toknow she likes me first.

What Girls Said 7

• It depends on the man and type of confidence or she woman. Men sometimes like cocky women but not always confident women. Cocky women seek a man's attention and most confident women are confident independent of it.

It takes a very self secure man to be with a confident woman.

Men that line to be the center of attention tend to do better with shy women.

• I think men nowadays are more interested in finding a partner who is their own person rather than just a pretty face who'll be absorbed into his identity.

• well I think the most attractive one is the one that has shyness but also has confidence.

When it's time to be confident, they can be.

This quality is kinda rare I think or maybe just where I live.

So far I have only noticed a few people like that

• You can still be confident when your shy.

• I'm shy and this doesn't happen to me so I think you're right

• I used to be really shy. Then I started going out more. I have had more guys hitting on me and even msging me on Facebook asking for dates. All I had to do was let my guard down.

• Nothing weird about it, you forget people are still individuals and have preferences some like em shy some like em confident, all down to choice at the end of the day.