If colonization on Mars was possible in the next 5 years, would you choose to live there?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I would. I'm already planning on moving, so I would have another place to live.
    But I would make sure, that I wouldn't need to go back to where I am now.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's like a much smaller uglier version of earth. No beautiful oceans or lakes. No snowy mountains or palm trees. Just red desert and a big volcano.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 17

What Guys Said 18

• Lol no way man. It's to far from earth. And if something went wrong out their I would be so screwed especially since they would need test subjects to live out their and stuff like that.

• A general concern is in the long, 3 month trip to get there as well! Scary to think that something could go wrong on the ride there..

• Yeah that is so true something bad could happen on the trip their as well. It is a scary thought. And it sucks because their is not much anybody could do if something bad happened.

• I wouldn't. I'm too attached to the idea that if I don't get along with someone that there are 6 billion other people on this planet.

• If I could take all of the people I care about with me, and all of my stuff, and there was a way to send me the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games that come out in the future, then I might be persuaded to go.

• Nah I like earth better, maybe if mars was fully terraformed and had vegetation and water like earth does then maybe I would but as it stands now no thanks.

• fuck no.

You wanna run into this thing, be my guest
    derekwinnert.com/.../...h___by_adonihs-d2xjobm.jpg

• no thanks

• 0|1
  • I would. I need some direction in my life, like a life purpose
    This sounds like a purpose. A new frontier, and I get to be part of that.
    Plus I get to be alone... I like being alone

• You must consider the fact that anyone who grew up on Mars would be lucky to even be able to stand up if they ever came to Earth.

• No it's kinda barren

• I would in a heart beat

• yes because then i'll be a martian

• Not even close to 5 years

• No because you can never come back to earth ever again from what I read.

• More lies from the media!

• Still wouldn't do it. You can only stay outside for a certain amount of time due to the weather on the planet and if food runs out, it would take a long ass time for more to get there

• Only the rich will live there while we die with all this crap here

• No, I'd miss too much from earth

• Maybe I don't know

• No I would not