If colonization on Mars was possible in the next 5 years, would you choose to live there?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I would. I'm already planning on moving, so I would have another place to live.
    But I would make sure, that I wouldn't need to go back to where I am now.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's like a much smaller uglier version of earth. No beautiful oceans or lakes. No snowy mountains or palm trees. Just red desert and a big volcano.

What Girls Said 17

• I'd want make sure they got the transporters to be more reliable before signing up. currently, most test rockets go BOOM 🚀 💥

• I don't think so, unless all of my family could come with and we had the choice to come home if we didn't like it

• erma gerd yasss why not

ps - can't message you? I don't know why

• I don't think. I have a life here on earth.

• Nah, I don't think I would.

• yes I would. good bye.

• Earth is much nicer.

• no, i would not

• 11d

No internet access..

• 10d

Well, i think we you just figured out why Chic fil a hasn't completed their expansion plan to mars as they have a religious conundrum on their hands. Oh well, i'll just have to stick to earth where i can enjoy chicfila 6 days a week.

• 10d

It's a cow conspiracy! Chic insiders have informed me that phase 1 will go ahead as scheduled. Expect a 2018 Superbowl commercial..

• depends on what s provided

• 10d

A free, one way ticket :P

• 10d

Ok, ok. A tent, lots of red sand, opportunities in archeology, life on Mars!, and a complimentary I moved to Mars sticker.

• 10d

lmfao I pass XD

• Sure. I survived earth this long, I'll be fine there. Nothing beats the home planet tho.

• I read one article on the volunteers who go and it sounds all amazing until you read the part about hlw once you go there you can never come back to earth

• Well, it's a little bit far from where I live now, it takes a while to come and visit my family. It's also colder, so I guess I prefer staying here :)

• no. never.

• no i wouldn't

• yea why not

• No. I'd rather stay where things are familiar.

• Yeesssss

What Guys Said 18

• Lol no way man. It's to far from earth. And if something went wrong out their I would be so screwed especially since they would need test subjects to live out their and stuff like that.

• 10d

A general concern is in the long, 3 month trip to get there as well! Scary to think that something could go wrong on the ride there..

• 9d

Yeah that is so true something bad could happen on the trip their as well. It is a scary thought. And it sucks because their is not much anybody could do if something bad happened.

• I wouldn't. I'm too attached to the idea that if I don't get along with someone that there are 6 billion other people on this planet.

• Nah I like earth better, maybe if mars was fully terraformed and had vegetation and water like earth does then maybe I would but as it stands now no thanks.

• fuck no.

You wanna run into this thing, be my guest
    derekwinnert.com/.../...h___by_adonihs-d2xjobm.jpg

• no thanks

• If I could take all of the people I care about with me, and all of my stuff, and there was a way to send me the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games that come out in the future, then I might be persuaded to go.

• 11d

Only the Fallout games can be sent..

• 10d

Then forget about it. I need both. Or just take Bethesda with me and deny the rest of the world their awesome games.

• 10d

Well shit. Now I have to go to Mars too!

• 0|1
  • I would. I need some direction in my life, like a life purpose
    This sounds like a purpose. A new frontier, and I get to be part of that.
    Plus I get to be alone... I like being alone

• You must consider the fact that anyone who grew up on Mars would be lucky to even be able to stand up if they ever came to Earth.

• No it's kinda barren

• I would in a heart beat

• yes because then i'll be a martian

• Not even close to 5 years

• No because you can never come back to earth ever again from what I read.

• 10d

More lies from the media!

• 10d

Still wouldn't do it. You can only stay outside for a certain amount of time due to the weather on the planet and if food runs out, it would take a long ass time for more to get there

• Only the rich will live there while we die with all this crap here

• No, I'd miss too much from earth

• Maybe I don't know

• No I would not