Did Paul believe that Jesus is God?

Many people use Paul's writings as proof that Jesus is God. But this is not fair to Paul, because Paul clearly believed that Jesus is not God. In his first letter to Timothy, Paul wrote: "I charge you in the sight of God, and Christ Jesus, and the elect angels, to keep these instructions..." (ch. 5, v. 21). It is clear from this that the title God applies not to Christ Jesus, but to someone else. In the following chapter, he again differentiates between God and Jesus when he says:

"In the sight of God who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus..." (ch. 6, v. 13). Paul then went on to speak of "the second appearance of our Lord Jesus Christ which God will bring about in his own time (ch. 6 vv. 14-15). Again, the title God is deliberately turned away from Jesus. Incidentally, many people think that when Jesus is called "Lord" in the Bible that means "God". But in the Bible this title means master or teacher, and it can be used for addressing humans (see I Peter ch. 3, v. 6).

13d Who would run the world if God died?

Is Jesus God? The Bible Says, "No!" Part 5

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a33264-is-jesus-god-the-bible-says-no-part-5

(I Timothy ch. 6, vv. 15-16) Paul says that God alone is immortal. Immortal means he does not die. anyone who believes that Jesus died cannot believe that Jesus is God. Such a belief would contradict Paul.

What Girls Said 2

• Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law. I have come to fulfil, and until heaven and earth pass away, not one stroke of a letter will pass from the Law”. [Matthew 5:17-18]

Jesus delivers the aw and the ten commandments, tell me who denies them?

• 14d

and Paul never met jesus,
      which really explains the fact that if there is some horrible or bigoted advice in the new testament, it comes straight out of Pauls mouth

• 13d

I know that Jesus didn't deny them and I talked about this yesterday

• 13d

Well, i'll just cut to the chase then. You take circumspection in one area and deny the direct word of God in another. You have nothing new to offer that hasn't been discussed a thousand times over in the last millenia. Your idea dies like the body of a man whose aorta was cut at the hand of Allah.

• I don't know let me ask him
    @MaLifeBeLikeOooAaah do you believe my cousin Jesus is God?

What Guys Said 1