How long does a moment lasts?

"Hold on a second." and "Hold on a moment." have the same meaning. But how long one moment actually lasts? We know how long a second lasts, but what about a moment?

• Less than a second
  • More than a second

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• About 90 seconds (it was a medieval unit of time).

• 6d

Thank you for MHO

What Girls Said 1

• Back in art college, I got interested in indeterminate quantities, and I made a survey with all these silly questions, like "how big is a smithereen" and "how long is a while?". I got some wildly differing answers for some questions, but one of the time periods averaged at 11 seconds. Unfortunately I can't exactly remember which one! I'm pretty sure a "while" would be longer than that, so maybe it was a " moment" that was 11 seconds...

What Guys Said 5

• When someone says hold on a moment or hold on a second they are not specific periods of time. Even though a second is specified it is not meant to be as implied. It just means wait for a very short period of time until I indicate that I am ready.

• There is only one timeless moment. Even this is not correct to say. There is just THIS. The only problem is that thought cannot understand this, since thought can only go to the past or to the future which doesn't exist, thus it's legitimate to say they are imaginary. Time is only a concept. Realizing this is called happiness. Or whatever you wanna call what you are looking for.

• I'd say a moment can be anywhere from thirty seconds to three minutes. It depends on the urgency of the thing that is waiting.

• Defo more than a second

• 0 seconds. A moment is a point in time, with no duration