How do you stay warm after a shower in the winter?

Gosh, I need to take a shower rn but I can't get myself to do it lmao. I'm cold already- I can't imagine how cold I'll be when I step out of the shower. Ughhh

• I immediately run to put layers of clothes on
  • I don't shower in the winter, it's too cold
  • I live in a place where it's always warm
  • Other solutions?
11d and this next question is for girls: When i'm in the shower and i'm trying to shave my legs, i'll have goosebumps and then i'll get razor burn bumps because i cut off my goosebumps lmao.. anyone have any advice for that?

What Guys Said 29

• Have cold showers.

That's what I sometimes do in winters, once your body adapts to the freezing temperature of the water, you feel nothing really.

Then when you get out of the shower, the air that's consisted of a higher room temperature will just warm you up because your skin is at a lower temperature, thus the warmth afterwards.

Or

You can dry yourself in the shower and have clothes right by you to change into and have the room connected to the bathroom heated so you can quickly move into the warmth.

• I close the bathroom door while I'm taking a shower so the steam stays in the room and the room itself stays heated, therefore, after I get out of the shower I'm still warm, and I make sure to have my clothes in there to dress as soon as I'm dried, and only then do I open the door to the room and step out. Trick I learned living in some---VERY---cold places over the years.

• 11d

Leaving the bathroom in clothes that have been soaked by the steam trapped in the bathroom can be very chilly. And the condensation is bad for the walls, etc. in the bathroom.

• 11d

The vent removes air from the room. The air has the steam in it. That creates a negative pressure which sucks in air around the door. If it could not do that you would have created a vacuum. And that air is the cooler air from outside the bathroom.

• 11d

@Red_Arrow : The method I described works. Anyone reading this should just try it as it does keep you warm and it doesn't wet your clothes or destroy your damage your walls.

I've now muted this question as I'm done with this debate. Everyone just try it and you'll see it works to keep you warm.

End of line...

• Shower in hot water and let the steam build up in the bathroom. Steam warms up the bathroom quite a bit. Make sure you have a nice, thick, fluffy towel to step into or even better, a towel robe. If you have a robe you an immediately put that on and it's designed to absorb moisture anyway.

• I live in my own place so what I do is crank up the heat before I get in the shower. That helps take the edge off the "Fuck it's cold!" feeling when you first step out of the shower when you're done. Then once I'm dry and have clothes on I turn the heat back down. But I know exactly the feeling you're talking about.

• get a space heater.
    www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_10

turn this baby on a minute before your shower or so and by the time you get out the bathroom will be nice and toasty.
    I had this in college I used it to heat my room because I was too broke to turn on the big heater lol.

• This is a male opinion, but if you want a serious, long term solution, you may consider investing in a larger water heater. Perhaps a 75 or even 100 gallon. You will have a virtually endless stream of hot water while in the shower so that you can take as long as you like without getting cold.

• You bundle up in front of the fireplace with a nice hot chocolate listening to Christmas songs and getting into the Christmas spirit

• I have the clothes ready.
    You could also close the bathroom door so the steam stays in and it's not so cold when you get out. It gives you more time to put on some clothes.

• 11d

i hate putting on clothes when my body is wet though... I need to dry off, put on lotion and then clothes lol

• 11d

You should by a robe so it can dry you up while it keeps you warm. You can also put lotion on.

• Hang your towel over the radiator before you shower and dry yourself inside the shower cabin. Keep the window closed if you have a ventilation system in your bathroom (you can always open the window once you have your clothes on).

• My house has central heating... :P

• 11d

so does mine but my dad doesn't like to spend money so it's barely on lol plus its supposed to be 60 on Tuesday so there isn't really a point

• Take a cold shower!

• I like the cold after a hot shower.

• don't turn the heat up all the way lol then the transition from hot to cold won't be as severe, I also put clothes on when I'm in the bathroom so I don't have to be cold

• Heated floors 😛

• You take a really hot shower so your skin is really warm then you take fire wood and warm up your house and you dont need to freeze

• Gotta clean quick ! Quick quick quick, and ruuuuun to get the cloths.

• Bring your clothes with you before you take a shower.

• I make the room really warm so after I come out of the shower I'm warm.

• Just don't have a shower? 😎

• I usually put clothes on after I dry off

• a small space heater in the bathroom works. Also, have your warm clothes ready.

• my girl and I have fun in bed

• I just feel cold.

• put your blankets in the dryer before you bathe and pull them out once your done

• i don't normally get annoyed but cold. so i am pretty lucky.

• Dry off and quickly get back into bed

• Turn heat up

• I generally lower the power level on hair dryer and keep my self warm. it kinda helps

• You don't have a water heater in you house?

What Girls Said 13

• I'm not cold after I step out the shower because the water is so hot and the barhroom gets all steamy and warmed up. Of I dry off and put on my clothes in the bathroom then I'll be good. But if I walk out the bathroom before I get dressed, then I'll be freezing.

• Our bathroom is warm, so you stay warm until you have your clothes on

• 11d

Where is your bathroom located? I our bathroom its a warm 25°C. You don't have central heating?

• put the heater on? :P

• 11d

I just keep the hot water on 😂
      But not fully open so it gives steam

• 11d

i tried but then when i place my leg out of the water to keep the shaving cream on and start to shave my legs, i get the goosebumps!!! its so frustrating hahah

• 11d

I don t put shaving cream I just use soap
      and keep my legs under water
      you re not gonna get cut

• I make sure my heating if full blast before I go in the shower. Put my towel on the radiator, so when I jump out I can wrap a hot towel around myself. 😜

• I'm not cold after a shower even in the winter all I pull on is shorts & a T shirt.

• Put a robe on or get some fleece pajamas, you don't have shower outside do you lol

• 11d

I don't know try moisturizing as best as you can, once hot water gets on you the goosebumps should go away I thought

• I dry off and then quickly wrap up in a big fluffy housecoat.

• I stay in my bathrobe or put warm fuzzy PJ's on.

• With central heating I never have this problem. :)

• I cover my hair with a towel and warm up under my blanket lol

• I bath/shower with steam or I go to a spa once in a while. The steam makes me feel warm when I get out, so I have no problems. The hot temperature the steam gives is really convenient in the cold seasons. Try to invest in one of these
    www.steamshowersinc.com/.../...lor__12759_zoom.jpg
    True, it costs an arm and a leg, but it's a good investment.

• 11d

You could also bring a heater with you and switch it on once you start getting dressed.

• 11d

lmfao... yeah that can happen after i win the lottery

• 11d

For your legs, always exfoliate your body with a mitt before shaving, it'll help warm up your skin. Exfoliate against the growth of the hair, it will help you get a smoother shave. I also recommend adding oil to your shaving cream, so there more added moisture barrier between your skin and the razor blades. Use hot water because it opens up your pores, which is good for shaving, that's why it's better to do it at the end, the steam helps as well. Use a razor with that has at least 4 blades, ignore the cheap razors. Be very gentle when shaving, and rinse your razor after every stroke to not clog it.

• It's usually the shower that warms me up lol. I shower to clean AND when I feel cold. On what planet do you live?

• Wrap myself in towel, plus my rope till I warm up again then pretty much dry. Apply lotion and dress up.
    Or put blanket in drying. Go under warm blanket when cime out of shower.
    My ex used to warm up my towel then wrap me up whenni come out from shower.
    I tell my boyfriend go put towel or blanket I dryer. He loves the idea, then we bith go under warm blanket to cuddle. Of course he gets over heated lol.