Buying first car?

I'm a college student, and I been saving to buy a good and safe used car. I would like a sedan but I wouldn't mind a SUV. What car brands are safe and not too expensive? I was looking on Mazda but I want to keep my options open. What car brands do u own or recommend please list pros and cons :)

Updates:
5d Im now interested between these cars: 2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport, 2010 Mazda 3 (sedan), and 2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca. Does anyone know how there car are, or a trusted site where I can read their reviews?

0|0
0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• The cheapest US produced car with lowest mileage will do. Imported parts will be more expensive.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Lol what are the U. S produced cars? What was ur first car like?

• Show All
    • 5d

A site? Try http://www.caranddriver.com/
      I don't know the Mazda CX7 and the Subaru B9 Tribeca. ; the Mazda 3 is a Ford design.

• 5d

Thanks so much!!

What Guys Said 2

• Mazda's seem to pretty reliable, can't say I know much about them though.
    Toyotas will go forever, but you pay for it. Usually expensive compared to similar vehicles of different brands.
    Stay away from Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. Major quality and design issues for many years.
    Stay away from German cars. New ones are expensive and finicky, used ones are a nightmare.
    Chevy/GM is pretty good, but my experience has never been good. Constant build quality problems, just not as reliable. At least the ones I've owned, and I know I'm not alone.
    I've always been a Ford guy, have nothing bad to say. I've beat the shit out of my trucks, put them all over 200k with lots of life left. Cheap to buy, reliable and cheap to fix if anything does go wrong.

1|0
    0|0
  • Subarus last forever. Good value and reliability.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.