Is It Rude To Not Visit A Job You Were Fired From?

A couple months ago I was fired from DD for no reason. They didn't even texted me or tell me I was fired. I only worked there for 3 weeks & it was my first job.

So yesterday day one of the managers texted me saying I had a check waiting. I'm debating whether or not I should go pick it up. I really don't wanna go back in that place and see any of their faces. I guess I hold grudges I don't know. 😒 I find it extremely unprofessional when they don't text you back and tell you you're fired.

Im not the type of person that cares about money. I understand it's necessary but still.

So do you think I should

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I know it's awkward and uncomfortable, but you can't just leave money hanging like that. Personally, I would just go in and get it but if money is not important to you like you said, then don't go get it. Just remember that you DID earn that money and if you don't collect it, you were working for free for that period.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have them mail you the check.

• 6d

I tried that. They wouldn't 😑

• 6d

Lucky for you, I'm not a psychopath 😂

• 6d

well, just go by and grab it, if you dont care about the money then dont bother, its not a big deal either way... however, i would like you to think of it this way. The money may not be important to you, but it might be important to someone else. If you don't get the money the company that fired you will keep it. Go get the check, cash it and give it to good will or YWCA or someone that it would be important to. If you get it and then want to keep it, you earned it and should be happy doing so.

What Guys Said 12

• go get your money. grab your check and leave. really that simple. you may have grudges with people but not collecting money that is due to you only hurts yourself

• Tell them to mail you the check, its YOUR money. The only time you go back to an old job is when you are doing BETTER than you were when you worked there.
    When i got fired from my old job, it was literally over garbage.. i shit you not. Now im in a better place making more than i was over there and i plan on going to visit. you know... just to give them two HUGE middle fingers.

• 6d

Lol thanks. And I did ask them to mail it but they refused

• 6d

Yeah. I live in Texas :/

• 5d

I guess nothing wrong with coming back to just get your check... quick in and out

• You have a check, go pick it up!

The thing about entry level jobs is that no one cares what happens, in a couple of months I bet the people you worked with will be all gone too.

• Go and get your money and that's it. If it isn't much and you'd rather not go, then don't!

• totally not

• If your really uncomfortable you could tell them to mail it.
    But you need to get your earnings from them.

• Go back, get your money, leave. Don't leave it to them to mail it to you, you might not ever get it.

• I would go get the money ( pay) owed to me than leave don't say much.

• Ask them to mail it to you.

• 6d

They refused. 😕

• 6d

I would contact their corporate office if they have one and report them.

• I wasn't ever fired. Once I was given the choice between staying or leaving with a really huge severance payment (I couldn't believe it myself, at first). I visited them twice after cashing it. No regrets.

• go back and get your money.

p. s. what's DD?

• I'd go back there and take my check and cash it, and if possible go back there again and demand a clear explanation as to why I was let go or fired without being spoken to face to face first.

What Girls Said 2

• You should go in and ask why you're fired. How do you even know you're fired if they haven't told you?

• 6d

It's been 2 months since I've been there & i kept calling and texting my manager when my next shift was bit she never did reply back

• 6d

You should go in and ask if you were fired or what happened? If they say you were fired- tell them how unprofessional it was that you were never informed. It's their legal responsibility to let you know when you're fires

• Go pickup your last paycheck.