Canada vs Australia. Who wins in a war?

Only between these two nations. Who wins?
Canada vs Australia. Who wins in a war?

• Canada 🇨🇦
    24% (5)52% (17)41% (22)Vote
  • Australia 🇦🇺
    76% (16)48% (16)59% (32)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
6|18

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on whether or not it was fought on land or at sea.

Australia has poor land capabilities but more powerful air and naval capabilities if they struck first.

Canada has far superior land forces then Australia but poorer naval and air capabilities.

But really the only advantage Australia has at all over Canada is 22 attack helicopters and the fact that they have aircraft carriers while Canada doesn't.

Otherwise Canada beats them in every other area from land forces, to resources, everything.

The crippling factor is Australia's has a low population and lower resources in a long driven war they'd not only run out of resources sooner but they're population would be killed off, Canada has more resources for a sustained war. And can beat Australia in a war of attrition plus if they fight on their home front Australia wouldn't stand a chance because the forests would take away their advantage of having attack helicopters and the aircraft carriers wouldn't be much help in the center of the country.

Lets look at the differences.

Australia

Land systems
    Tanks: 59
    Armored Fighting Vehicles (AFVs): 2,040
    Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs): 0
    Towed-Artillery: 75
    Multiple-Launch Rocket Systems (MLRSs): 0

Canada

Land systems
    Tanks: 181
    Armored Fighting Vehicles (AFVs): 3,004
    Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs): 0
    Towed-Artillery: 161
    Multiple-Launch Rocket Systems (MLRSs): 0

Australia

Air power
    Total Aircraft: 417
    Fighters/Interceptors: 78
    Fixed-Wing Attack Aircraft: 78
    Transport Aircraft: 161
    Trainer Aircraft: 130
    Helicopters: 166
    Attack Helicopters: 22

Naval power
    Total Naval Strength: 47
    Aircraft Carriers: 2
    Frigates: 14
    Destroyers: 0
    Corvettes: 0
    Submarines: 6
    Coastal Defense Craft: 13
    Mine Warfare: 6

Canada

Air power
    Total Aircraft: 426
    Fighters/Interceptors: 64
    Fixed-Wing Attack Aircraft: 64
    Transport Aircraft: 215
    Trainer Aircraft: 139
    Helicopters: 175
    Attack Helicopters: 0

Naval power
    Total Naval Strength: 63
    Aircraft Carriers: 0
    Frigates: 12
    Destroyers: 1
    Corvettes: 0
    Submarines: 4
    Coastal Defense Craft: 12
    Mine Warfare: 0

Now lets look at the most vital parts of wartime strength, manpower, resources, logistics and finances.

2|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Australia

Manpower
      Total Population: 22,751,014
      Available Manpower: 10,700,000
      Fit for Service: 8,800,000
      Reaching Military Age Annually: 280,000
      Active Frontline Personnel: 60,000
      Active Reserve Personnel: 44,240

RESOURCES (PETROLEUM)
      Oil Production: 354,300 bbl/day
      Oil Consumption: 1,085,000 bbl/day
      Proven Oil Reserves: 1,193,000,000 bbl

Logistical
      Labor Force: 12,270,000
      Merchant Marine Strength: 41
      Major Ports and Terminals: 20
      Roadway Coverage: 818,356
      Railway Coverage: 38,445
      Serviceable Airports: 480

Financial
      Defense Budget: $26,100,000,000
      External Debt: $1,381,000,000,000
      Reserves of Foreign Exchange and Gold: $55,000,000,000
      Purchasing Power Parity: $1,100,000,000,000

• Show All
    • 6d

@COCOCHANEL Lol not really I'm just from a military family and love war and strategy/tactics.

It wasn't really that hard to call the winner, in the long run Australia would fall they just don't have the resources to win a prolonged war.

• 4d

Lol thanks.

What Girls Said 5

• Aussie for sure.
    Might as well use those JSF's Abbott wasted tax payers money on. We can load them up with our snakes and borrow Samuel L Jackson to pilot for comic relief

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm Aussie so I say Australia but I don't know what kind of war but I know we have the top 10 venomous snakes in the world we also have venomous spiders we have red kangaroos and annoying flies , crocodiles

Canada has grizzly bears

0|0
    0|0
  • Australia because the have the deadliest animals as back up. 😆

0|0
    0|0
  • doesn't Canada have nuclear weapons?
    I mean, "yeah, go aussies!", but srsly.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

We've got beer.
      We've got mooses.
      We've got hockey.
      We've got weed. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
      We've got poutine.
      And we got a man who sings like an angel but no nukes lol no.

• i guess Canada

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• Canada.
    Just invite them Aussies in for a beer , watch some game , before you know it they'll be calling themselves Canadians. :3

1|2
    0|0
  • It is probably close enough - I looked up military spending and Australia is slightly ahead so just on that reason I will pick Australia

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Expensive doesn't always mean that it's effective.

The amount or quality of equipment only plays a minor role within a war. There are so many other aspects that contribute to whether a country will win/lose a war.

Take for example the most notorious one, US against Vietnam. Vietnam was like an insect compared to the U. S. They had far more advanced technology and heavy equipment, their expenses even exceeded 40% of the country's income and they still lost the war against people who fought with bamboo sticks, traps, poison and guns.

• Show All
    • 6d

@Phoenix98 We literally unleashed the most that we could. Operation rolling thunder was one of the most devastating blows we could offer, where more bombs were dropped along the Ho Chi Minh trail and North Vietnam, than there was in world war 2.

We'd sent millions of troops and advisors into Vietnam but the only progress we made was body count, and I fact the majority of those body counts were civilians. There was no victory in sight which was why the protests got more intense and Nixon had to withdraw.

They fought using guerilla warfare tactics, it was a war of the mind. Our soldiers just weren't equipped or trained for that type of warfare. These soldiers could only fight against the opponents they could see. Search and destroy missions were just not effective.

• 6d

@QooLipBite Actually that's not true that's what they'd like you to believe in reality we were actually pushing the Vietcong army back and winning. And we would have defeated them entirely but like I said politics got involved. I should know I have family that served there.

As for the protests those idiot hippies and drugged out losers didn't know half of what was going on in our country much less in the war.

Not to say the Vietcong didn't fight hard because they did and we learned a lot from them in the ways of warfare. But militarily they lost.

Also those bamboo stick traps are called pungi sticks and the civilian death rate is from both Vietcong soldiers and US though we killed more Vietcong soldiers then they killed of ours.

@Saoirse_Nua The military budget won't do Australia any good in a war of attrition since Canada has more gold reserves then they do, more manpower and more resources like oil to use and twice as many tanks and more then twice as many combat vehicles.

• A war between two commonwealth countries?
    Where does the U. K throw there military funding in this scenario.
    Cause one of them is going to have a severe lack of hardware because the U. K withdraws it from one and gives the other their complete attention

0|0
    0|0
  • Australia hands down. The red kangaroos are a legion of organized trained assassins that will make short work of the Canadians. Deploy the red-back spiders and should they dare approach by sea, release the Kra... I mean sharks and jellyfish.

No, Canada won't stand a chance swinging a hockey stick at aussies, I'm afraid.

0|0
    0|0
  • We wouldn't have a war - we'd have a beach barbecue with a lot of beer! Militarily we are closely matched.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh easily, Australia.

Sorry, Canadian GAGers, I love you all!

0|0
    0|0
  • Australia, obviously. With a prime minister who says "If you kill your enemies, they win" then I don't see what chance Canada will have in a war... xD

1|0
    0|0
  • There is really no point in asking this since there is no consieveable way they would fight.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

yes but its just a hypothetical scenario despite how unrealistic it is. people do this all the time

• Show All
    • 6d

So we can conclude that Canada will have greater numbers at their disposal.

Australian expenditures
      Budget A$32.4 billion or 1.88 percent of GDP
      Canadian expenditures
      Budget C$18.6 billion or 0.9 percent of GDP.
      Australia spends more.

Australian GDP $1.223 trillion
      Canadian GDP $1.462 trillion
      About the same.

So appart from Canada having greater numbers, they don't have any other advantages. Realistically, if they went to war, the Paciffic ocean would be a faar to great divide that neither the Australian or Canadian fleets could fight over. And neither could either capture the territory from the other. Australia has the budget to depend it while Canada has the numbers. So it'd be a draw with light naval skirmishes and spec-ops insertions. That's it. No one would win.

• Canada has a bigger population and economy but Australia has a larger, better equipped military, so Australia has an edge. Although the question is how Australia is going to get its troops to Canada.

0|0
    0|0
  • Canada

0|0
    0|0
  • Canada is 22th while Australia is 23th. Their military powers are close to eachother, but by this ranking I say Canada 😎

0|0
    0|0
  • In the Punic Wars barrels full of snakes were thrown on the other boat to kill the infantry units before engaging the battle. I'm pretty sure Australia has many of those to use.

0|0
    0|0
  • Strayans m8 cuz they r locos m8

0|0
    0|0
  • Aus.

Canadians are too nice to fight, supposedly

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on where the war is

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I just know both have hot girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont have any guess

0|0
    0|0