I'm so confused about what's up with my blood pressure at 17?

I'm a 17 year old male. Ever since I was young, I would go to the doctors and my bp would be very high. The doctor believed it was because of my weight. Now that I'm older, I lost all of my weight and I'm average now. I used to work out every day, until I was involved in a car accident a few months ago. The doctor was concerned because my bp was still high. He ordered a kidney ultrasound, urine test, blood test, heart ultrasound, and a ekg (sp?) All the tests turned out normal. My mother bought a bp monitor and every time I take it it's still high, 140ish over 30-40ish. Then when I was at the heart doctor he took my bp 3 times and it was normal, so he told me I can't go on bp medicine, and that we'll have a check up in June of 2017. I have no family history of any problems like this. My grandfather was born with issues with his heart valves, which is why I had to have that test done when I was a baby. My great grandfather on the other side died of a heart attack at 60 but that's so distant. Why would it he normal the one time the actual heart doctor took it, but not at ANY other time?

What Girls Said 1

• You might want to look into conditions similar POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). This one causes you to pass out when you stand up, but similar ones can cause drastic bp fluctuations.
    I hope you can find answers soon.

What Guys Said 0