Do you agree or disagree that "it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious"?

• hell yes
  • only when the person getting hurt is someone who isn't my friend
  • only when the person getting hurt is someone i dislike
    Vote C
  • only when the person getting hurt is my friend
    Vote D
  • nooo. it's fun and games, till someone gets hurt, then it's upsetting
    Vote E
  • no, it wasn't fun & games to begin with
    Vote F

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 17

• A trump-like disdain for real world consequences of your 'having fun' is typical of the US. Reminds me of Roman time, circuses while the emperor played with prostitutes and the barbarians closed in.

• It's not fun and games, it's deadly serious and I would appreciate it if you adjusted your attitude. GaG is no joke, this is real life!! Shame on you. I hope that the elastic on your underwear wears out ^,..,^

• 3d

I don't agree with it! I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said it so i wondered how prevalent the mindset is

• 3d

Lol, it's just a light hearted play on a common saying. It can sometimes be funny when someone sustains a minor amount of pain from a badly thought out activity. I doubt that the true message was intended to be "It's fun to watch people get maimed or emotionally destroyed".

• What is hilarious about someone else being injured or hurt?

• I am very much option F if there is a possibility of someone getting emotionally hurt there is no possibility of the activity being positive.

• I think it's funny in the same way "hold my beer and watch this" is funny, someone doing a poorly thought out activity and sustaining a minor injury is funny as hell, call it karma if you will. But serious injury or death then it falls under the literal meaning.

• No but I will tell you one thing and one thing only.. It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

• As far as scrapes and bruises I totally agree. So many good stories involve somebody doing something stupid and regretting it.

• I can handle jokes. Some are too sensitive. In order to handle jokes you must bring someone past their seneisitivity levels and offend the person.

• fun and games equals the 'hilarious' for me

• It always depends on the situation. When I squeezed my balls during a parachute jump back in my Special Forces days me and my friend laughed about even though I was still on pain.

• It's all fun and games until you ask for everyone to answer another question.. Ugh, shameless plug!

• Well it depends on how hurt they get, if they like brake their back and gets paralysed it's not really fun, but if it's just some bruises it's fun AF

• people will be hurt either way. and Karma is the best revenge

• pussies

• totally disagree

• only if its someone I dislike getting hurt in an ironic way

• I always thought it's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye... then it's just fun.

What Girls Said 9

• Hell yes!

Half the videos on YouTube are about adorable animals and people doing stupid stuff to themselves and other people, generally hurting themselves. That's why The Smoking Gun's World's Dumbest, America's Funniest Home Videos, and Jackass were all so popular. We didn't go to the theaters to see 3D flying dildoes at us, we went there to see a third movie about Jackasses doing stupid stuff and hurting themselves! hou

• Superficial injury > can be funny.
    Actually getting hurt and being in a serious amount of pain > not funny.

• I agree with 'it's fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's less funny' wholeheartedly.
    @triss, you agree bby? ;P

• It turns sad and upsetting when anyone gets hurt. 😞

• That's a bit psychopathic

• upsetting

• It's not hilarious if one suddenly goes blind

• Depends. If it's someone I don't know, it's not very funny, and if it's a friend it's funny (and you know you can laugh...)
    Obviously a serious injury like a broken bone etc is NOT funny, but I've laughed at my best friend's sprained ankle lol

• Its not funny or a game if someone is on the receiving end of something nasty...