How many of us are really biracial or multiracial and not just one race?

Whenever the term biracial is passed around, it's more about having a black and white parent but what about other mixtures?

I'm a combination between these two groups from both side of my parents:
- South American natives (my maternal grandmother is indigenous)
How many of us are really biracial or multiracial and not just one race?- White blood (my mother's paternal grandfather was like this guy, blonde-haired and blue eyes)

I came out looking like this (not that white but not dark either... and wavy-curly mid-brown hair with tiny streaks of reddish highlights under the sunlight):

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there are many 'pure race' people. For the most part we're all a hybrid. I look like a white girl but I'm a mutt lol

What Guys Said 11

• Most of the world, especially Europe and Northern Africa, or those who have blood from there... which is more than half the world, except for East Asia, basically.

• I agree many people can be multiracial or biracial. I think your very attractive.

• I don't look it but I have a bit of Native American blood in me. Also gyspy blood and they were originally from India though that blood would be really diluted so not sure I'd count the latter.

• How far back do you want to go, how do you define "racial purity"? Race is a cultural construct, not a biological fact.

• 6d

I would say if you can't think of a related ancestor that was of a different race, then you're a pure race.

• 6d

But who gets to decide which race your ancestors belong to, I mean what shade of brown exactly denotes the line between white and black?

If you hadn't noticed I'm trying to get a point across: there are no races, just billions of people with all imaginable shades in between pitch black and milk white.

• depends on how far back you want to go

we all come from africa if you go back far enough

• All of my roots are in London yet I've probably got German, Irish, French and Italian blood in me somewhere from the soup of history. That's how race works.

• To be honest we are just all chimps. Race is but a social bs people make up to feel better about themselves.

• Im as Asian as can be.

• I'm as white as they come.

• Im not mixed. I am white.

• Hitler says pure German blondes only with blue eyes.

Heil Hitler.

What Girls Said 12

• I'm not recently mixed.

My Maternal grandmother has Spanish Andalusian ancestry and her last name is Al Andalusy (the Andalusian) , she comes from the last waves of Andalusian immigrants to Tunisia (her ancestors were Spaniards who converted to Islam). That side of the family looks white, she's blonde. And I even have redheads from that side of the fam (more like strawberry blonde).
    My GreatGrandmother is from an Algerian city practically on the borders of Tunisia, so it's not really mixed either. She was a redhead. Their "phenotype " is similar to this ⬇️
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c47b9312f1.jpg

My Maternal grandmother's family looks more Middle Eastern. Or a bit Italian too (my Mom used to get asked if she was Italian when she used to visit Germany). They are light skinned, have different shades of hair colors (from dark blonde to black) and usually brown eyes but sometimes blue or green aswell. They come from an Old Roman city in Tunisia. But it is said that we also found some Syrian heritage.
    iv1.lisimg.com/.../393full-nesreen-tafesh.jpg
    My Father's Family look Amazigh/Berber (Native North Africans) many have light colored eyes in general, and tanned natural skin and wavy or curly hair. My father is tanned and has Hazel/Green eyes.
    media.gettyimages.com/.../young-libyan-berber-girls-attend-an-amazigh-festival-in-tripoli-on-picture-id127297013

I'm just a Mediterranean Arab, can't say I'm mixed. At least not recently, but I want a DNA test!

• Well I consider myself simply black. However my great-grandmother on my dad's side was half indigenous and my grandparents are both of Louisiana creole decent which for them is a mixture of black, white, and indigenous. On my mom's side my great grandfather was biracial being half black and half white. Both of my parents are considered black and so am I despite the multiracial people in our family. It just so happens that we are mostly black and that is what we would be recognized as. Most Black Americans actually are multiracial to some extent, none of us are really pure African.

• 6d

So do you consider multiracial, and biracial people black as well?

• 6d

It depends on what they choose to identify as and what they mostly are.

• I am afraid that I am exactly 50% Dutch and 50% Finnish.

Both nationalities tending toward white blondes with blue eyes.

Of course, I'm over here with green eyes and dark blonde/light brown hair but... ya know haha

• I think it depends on how much information do you know about your heritage.
    They say, we all have different backgrounds, even when we don't know about it.

• Maori and English parents

• I'm not, I'm French and i have some of my ancestor who were from another country but it's all from European country (Nordic country and italy). My mother said we have maybe some ancestor from China (Shanghai) but that's not sure.

• I'm mixed with tons of shit.
    It's too complicated to explain so I just stick with Indian. Lmao.

• I'm pretty sure I'm straight up Chinese through and through.

• I'm mixed. The story is pretty long and uninteresting.

• My mother is black and latina and my father was white, so I got long curly brown hair and medium-dark skin. I identify with all three cultures as well. :-)

• Lol when people say they're mixed when it's like a great great grandparent. It's just supposed to be if your parents are two different races, not some far back thing. Everybody is mixed up though.

• 6d

My mother came out whiter than me and had red hair in the first 2 years of her life. Then her hair turned into a reddish-light brown.
      Yeah, we're all mixtures.. even many of the African Americans.

• 6d

@Winrey700 like I said, by your logic, everybody should class themselves as mixed then... nobody is 1 thing.

• 6d

No because everybody is NOT mixed down the line, and I just told you millions of people are just 1 thing. it's a fact, not an opinion that you can debate or disagree with.

• mediterranean and germanic heritage