What do you think about your country?

Education, health care, taxes, laws, politicians, people...

What Girls Said 10

• All in all, I think the US is a very good country. We are spoiled here to say the least. We have a lot of freedom when it comes to what we wear and the things we can say online and in public. They have affordable housing for low income families, and programs in every state to assist those in needs. Other states do not have this luxury. I do feel that some take it for granted.

• Education: Mediocre , not horrible, but needs refreshment.
    Health care: Good
    Laws: Good
    Politicians: Some are Good but not the ones holding the power atm
    Taxes: I don't know
    People: Depends, hit or miss. Many issues to focus on.

• the president made a lot of ghost companies and now we're in debt and the economic crisis is strangling us all, from lower classes to upper classes, everything is super expensive now and the population has to pay the debt we didn't knew we had just because a fat pig stole from us during 8 straight years.

• 8d

owh I've heard about that. the inflation is so high that your cash money is reducing its value. Is that true you have to bought lots of cash (like A LOT) to buy even a common thing like groceries?

• 8d

hopefully everything will be okay, your country have a huge natural gas as a revenue, just suck politician, so change it will be the best. i believe there will be an event that make it all become better again

• 8d

Me too, changes are being made, next year will be tough but it'll get better. I pray for better days

• health care workers are underpaid and have huge workloads
    education was chaos by the politicians - always new method a year, like wtf, choose the best one to implement please, don't ruin the kids for politic sakes
    taxes sucks
    politic sucks with corruptions
    but people are nice to each other

• they need to love themselves more

• A load of barnacle.

• The education system sucks. Sometimes the teachers know less than the students, other times they don't know what they're talking about. There's people who buy their college diplomas.
    Healthcare is nonexistent. If you don't have money to go to a private practice or to get a treatment overseas, you're screwed. Lots people die at the public hospitals.
    I don't know about taxes. I don't know about laws either.
    The politicians are corrupt. They don't care about the people, they're only interested in getting money.
    As for people, I like the fact that they're joyful and nice. But they're really close-minded. And care about things that don't matter.

• I feel very lucky to live in the UK. Immensely grateful for our National Health Service, strict gun laws, the death penalty being outlawed, freedom of the press, education being less expensive than the US (though still F expensive unless you're Scottish :/ ). Many things to love. I abhor our current government and their abuse of the poor and disabled in favour of supporting privatisation and tax cuts for the rich. Brexit is a dreadful blow. We badly need Jeremy Corbyn to become prime minister in 2020.

• That's it's the best country of the world but foreigner keep destroy. Also the president is the most stupid of all the president of the world

• Education... Eh, everybody can read I guess. Can't complain really, it's free, and many places in the world would kill for that kinda opportunity.
    Health care- amazing, and free. I'm eternally grateful to all our health care workers here. They do an amazing job.
    Taxes.. well they pay for the above I guess haha. Really though, compared to what we get back from the system, it's a great deal. For a relatively small amount, we can all send our kids to school, and if they ever get sick they'll be taken care of, most also travel for free to and from school, and many get free lunch at school... Those kinda things would not be affordable for most people, so the taxes are an ok trade for it.
    Laws- practically the same as most countries in the world.
    Politicians- most 👎 too much to go into now, but most are awful. We have a handful of decent politicians.
    People- the quality is declining. Rapidly.

What Guys Said 11

• - Education: Great. I have to say we probably have one of the best education systems in the world. It's also a very unique one that other countries now start to copy a bit. Universities are unfortunately not completely free but they're very cheap compared to most other countries.
    - Health care: Also great. The standard of our medical care is among the highest in the world. Plus, thanks to our strong federalism, we also have good hospitals in rural areas whereas centralistic governed countries tend to focus just on the big cities.
    Taxes: Quite okay. Nobody enjoys paying taxes but most Swiss people understand it's a necessary evil to keep the community strong. From what I've heard from Americans, I have to say paying taxes in Switzerland is MUCH simpler than in the US, where it seems to be very complicated.
    - Laws: Switzerland is a pretty conservative country and that is reflected in its laws. Many things that are already legal in other western European nations or in North America tend to stay illegal in Switzerland for much longer. For example, women in Switzerland only got their right to vote in 1971. Gay marriage is still illegal despite being legal in most developed countries. Switzerland is a bit like a snail that only likes to come out of its house really slowly and carefully. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing. The advantage of our conservatism is that once a law is indeed passed, it is usually agreed upon from all political sides and based on a large social consensus (it's "here to stay"). This means we practically never experience aggressive or bitter debates about new laws like in France or the US. Having a strong social consensus is quite important to Swiss people, so our political process tends to be slow but well-accepted.
    - Politicians: Some are good, some aren't, just like in any other country. One thing that's really awesome in Switzerland is that politicians are very close to the rest of the people. For example I have seen several of our federal councils (presidents) on the train. They usually don't use any bodyguards or fancy government cars. Most of them go to work by public transportation, just like everyone else. "Normal" people respect this by not taking photos, asking for autographs or randomly talking to them. We treat them just like everyone else we see on the street and they act just like normal people. That's something I find really cool.
    - People: Swiss people are good-hearted and but also extreeemely (cont.)

• 9d

reserved and distant. Many foreigners find this quite difficult to handle. It takes years to really become friends with a Swiss person because we are quite under-cooled and don't like opening up too early. This attitude has nothing to do with foreigners however, we also treat each other this same way. On the positive side, true friendships with Swiss people are extremely strong. Once you've gone through all the pain and struggle and that particular Swiss person finally trusts you and opens up to you, you can be certain they now regard you as a genuine and lifelong friend.
      Apart from this, all the stereotypes are pretty true. We are love cleanliness (we a bit obsessed with it), we love things that are well-planned, well-structured and well-organized, we are obsessed with punctuality and generally with precision and most Swiss people like to work a little too much.

• Education: not bad but not good kind of mediocre but it will be revamped pretty soon and the standards raised.

Heath care: bad right now.

Laws: excellent

Politicians: meh some are good some are bad, luckily the bad ones are about to get fired.

taxes: they're alright but they are about to get a lot lower.

People: generally good folks where I live I can't speak for the rest of the nation.

• We're in shambles regarding every single one of those. Education is a luxury that only some can have and still be able to come out on top, health care causes bankruptcy and death which is horribly ironic, taxes aren't weighted to the classes in our economy, laws need reform desperately specifically certain articles in our constitution itself, politicians are wildly corrupt and don't look out for the people who they work for's interest, and the people of this country just decided to either vote for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump some of the 2 most hated presidential candidates in American History. So really to be perfectly honest we've got a lot of catching up to do with the rest of the modern world, we need to cut back on military spending and start spending money on the things that need money; social security, Obama care and if not that than some sort of an affordable care act, we should reform our laws because some in particular have been obsolete since the beginning of this country we live in. Politically our issue is the two party system and how it wasn't predicted by our forefathers and then soon after the creation their lack of judgment to make a change to a broken system.

Sorry if that was everywhere, it was more of a rant than anything else.

• All are a work in progress.

• Education system is kind of wank.
    Health care is good, has it's faults but it's free.
    Taxes, meh not too bad.
    Laws are fucking retarded.
    Our prime minister is a complete and utter shitbag, and the opposition is completely useless.
    Some people are cool, some people are complete an utter twats.

• As a Turk,
    I love my president,
    their health care is much better than 15 years ago,
    the politicians, are all just a bunch of liars
    People are kinda dumb. At least for a certain part.
    Taxes, well still lower than Quebec's taxes.
    Education? Well, Universities might one day end being the toy of politicians.

• Education: its good education
    health care: its messed up
    taxes: too much income taxes its crazy
    laws: some good some bad
    politicians: i dont like any of them
    people: they are cool people

• As a brazilian,

I think my country is great. Beautiful landscapes, beautiful cities, beautiful people.

But the politicians suck!

• We don't have those on mars. :/

• The best in the world.

• The world is a shithole, and I happen to be in the most hated country in the world. USA... USA...