Guys what are signs you are lying through texting?

I would like to know this please, thanks.

This guy sounded pretty honest. I believed him.

But I mean, I know I was telling the truth so I dont' get it

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Look for things that don't add up. If you know someone well and they tell you a lie, you might be able to spot them. Over multiple messages, it's easier because they leave more clues. That's why I prefer calling, or better yet, a face to face conversation.

• Pay really close attention to things they say and keep track, to see if it changes even a little bit. Just the tiniest bit could be an honest mistake but a small genuine change could be a lie.

• 2d

Don't bring stuff up from a long time of keeping track though, guys bitch about that a lot.

• You can't know

What Girls Said 4

• There are no signs through texting that someone is lying unless they literally say one thing to be true and then later say the opposite to be true. All signs of deception are seen in expression and body-language.

• 2d

You know I remember an experience where this guy was being sorta rude (ish) to me. I confronted the guy via email and he seemed to not remember and say is this a joke, did you get the wrong guy etc? Later on I further explained the situation in a polite way and he kept apologizing, but was also somewhat firm.

I confronted another guy who had definitely done something whether it was for attention or to be mean, and he said the same sort of thing, that I had the wrong guy etc.

So it really made me wonder if this is a pattern, where they forget things or don't mean to something, I'm not sure.

• 2d

Lying is a conscious decision because they first have to identify the truth and then create a lie. As far as forgetting they did it, usually just another lie to avoid confrontation.

• A clear sign of dishonesty is over-sharing. When someone adds too much irrelevant information in a story or fact, GIRL U KNOW DEY LYING

• I mean, it is pretty hard to tell when anyone is lying through text, let alone men.

• You can't unless it's obvious lies or you're just good at guessing people and you get a feeling something is off

• 2d

I didn't get a feeling anything was off from his text.

• 2d

Maybe he's not then. How come you felt to ask this if nothing was off though? Just because you've been lied to in the past or because you just had something in the back of your head?
      Either way, I think til somebody proves you can trust or not trust them, just take them at face value but also watch for things. Can't tell til you know somebody sometimes, and even then...