Do you allow yourself do be defined by the opinions of those who don't matter in your life?

If I say that you, yes YOU, are stupid and ugly, has that now become your truth?

• I define myself, I don't let random nobodies define me
    56%(27)57%(36)Vote60%(9)
  • I was feeling okay until you asked this and now I'm feeling a bit shit
    15%(7)11%(7)Vote0%(0)
  • Yes, I am whatever you tell me I am, I'm a sponge
    10%(5)10%(6)Vote7%(1)
  • I have no definition
    6%(3)8%(5)Vote13%(2)
  • Other (please share with the class)
    13%(6)14%(9)Vote20%(3)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I don't, coz I know who I am as a person and I'm 101% happy with who I am and how I look. My self-worth isn't gained by other people's opinion of me. Other peoples opinions won't change me or define me.

Usually those who insult others with the sole intentional of bringing them down , and lowering their self-esteem are at "war "within themselves. So their negative opinions actually define who they are, not the person they're insulting.

Some people have a deep hatred for themselves , they have no self-esteem at all , so it manifests itself by hurting others who they view as vulnerable. Bringing others down somehow makes them feel worthy. People like that need professional help for their own unresolved issues

Most Helpful Guy

• Up until this last Monday, I think I did. At a meeting on Monday, EVERYTHING CHANGED!! I PUSHED BACK, and TOLD THEM TO FCK OFF, and they were all in SHOCK!!!
    I have always just done everything, put up with everything, and made 'miracles' happen, over and over, with not thanks, no appreciation!! I let some of the Upper-level bosses really know what I thought, and what was happening, and so on, and they just stopped, and had to think.
    The next day, my boss calls me to his office, so I know I am getting fired.
    He actually tells me that they were impressed with my 'HONESTY' and 'OPENNESS' about needing 'RESOURCES' that we don't have. Those guys approved a new position, hiring another person, to help me! It must be a dream!!

What Girls Said 19

• You define yourself but don't be delusional of what you are. Let people talk about you but don't take their words as judgement take their opinions as suggestions and recommendations. but if you are surrounded by people that say things that aren't true about you it would be a good time to find new friends because them trying to change u is proof they haven't accepted you as your awesome self and that would mean they don't deserve the good parts of you.

• No one can define me.. i know me better than anyone
    but sure sometimes other opinions of me bother me because they're so incorrect but i'm still going to carry on being me :)

• it doesn't hurt me what you said bc it was said to group of people in which i don't find myself. if a person who knows me wrote sth like that i wouldn't feel ofended. if I randomly person who slimed into my dm and start talking shit about me i would feel very bad. Maybe even worser than when someone who Im friends with had told me the same.

• nah I don't really care about other ppl's opinions of me especially if am not close to them

• I was going to vote for the top one but then I thought, actually I do give a fuck when push comes to shove...

• I've been defined by people's opinions in my life because I've dealt with an onslaught of negative opinions from those that are supposed to love me or care about me. So I have a very warped view of myself I suppose.

• @Blonde401 If defined by negativity then you have to balance that out by being open to positivity, too many people I know live by one or the other extremes, the reality is a flawed reality somewhere in between.

• @AndrewMG I failed university and had to move back. Not been able to afford my own place and been in and out of work... so here we are. I'm trying to save up a deposit and move in with a friend but I feel like that might not even happen... eurgh my life sucks.

• @Blonde401 I failed University but stayed here, hence I've blagged my way for the last few years, it would of made more sence to go home, but I wasn't brave enough at the time!

• Hell no! I would just laugh at you! 😂 You don't know me!

• opinions are like your second thoughts that u may or may not consider like depending from topic to topic like a suggestion..

"a saying.. listen to all.. do that what feels right to you."

• I guess I'm a bit spongy, but I'm pretty strong too

• outside opinion helps keep your self image realistic and in line but it doesn't define you. there's a balances middle ground between self-actualization, and reality. if you aren't honest with yourself and your actions then outside opinion can benefit you.

• No lol
    People who don't know me have even called me slut but I don't really care
    Sometimes even when I see them I forget cause it means shit to me

• Sometimes I do

• Nah, I look at myself and decide who I am, will be and was and then I stick to it. I know girls who'd flop around based off of what people say, but I am not one of them.

• yes... I'm guilty of that

• the way I look at it is if someone doesn't like me for me then its their loss.

• Sadly, other people's perception of me are important.
    I thought I would be more confident at this age, but just was able to discard opinions of people I don't really respect and am bothered if people don't like me even when they don't really know me. It's difficult.
    I notice my brothers are quite different from me in this regard. I always to please my parents more and just be liked by everyone, no harsh words.
    Sounds pathetic, but I guess it doesn't show too much.

• I don't define myself to what people say, but words are powerful, it's true. Spiritually, they do hold a power, and that is not ok for people to be saying shit like that to others. That's why this earth is filled with so much greed and hate towards anything and everything. You can't get satisfaction from money, not entirely.. only God can fill that small gap of nothing in your heart.

• uhh well no cause you've never seen a pic of me but if a bunch random people all thought i was super ugly then it would be pretty sad but i don't think that intelligence is really an opinion so i guess only the ugly bit would be a bit of a put down

• I got bullied a lot as a kid and as a teenager. after years of people telling me Im ugly, its hard to shed that idea. even now that Im not exactly the ugly duckling anymore

What Guys Said 7

• I listen to the opinion of others about me, then I evaluate whether it'll make me a better person or not.
    I still control who I become, not them.

• I don't pay much attention to other people's opinion of me; spent way too much time worrying about that in youth.

• Ur stpid n ugly

• It doesn't matter what others think, but if it's true, it's true.

• I do not allow myself to be defined by the opinion of anyone, whether they matter to me or not.

• No, I don't let random nobodies define me. I've been made fun of before but I haven't let their words become my truth.

• Yes, I am ugly and stupid.