Was a death sentence deserved in this case?

I think it was fully deserved. I'm mainly into life sentence but this so called ''mother'' enrages me enough.

If a woman can give birth, raise a daughter for 18 years (an adult), only to then kill her in the worst, painful way any human or living thing can go through... yes give her death.

They're getting more strict now with honor killings; death sentences are given to those that do what that woman did.

• Yes
  • No

421
Sponsored

What Guys Said 21

• She should say hello to this really big friend!!!

• She should be sentenced to prison rest of her life like many other murders. But I don't believe in death penalty. I thinks it's better they sits in prison and thinks over what they've done in many years. In addition killing isn't good in my opinion and we shouldn't sink at the murders level. We punish murders to prove killing is wrong. Learning a murder to not kill with killing is ironically.

• 5d

Killing murderous psychopaths is not 'sinking to their lives'. It is a rational form of vermin control. It is not a rational act to expend resources keeping such people alive.

• 4d

@Watermelon15, I'm agree. I'm not a big fan of American politics. But why is it written "United Kingdom" on your profile if you're Scandinavian?

• 4d

cause at first I didn't want people to know where im from because Its a small country and people can track you down. And I never bothered to change it

• yes, definitely

• Islam. Nothing more needs to be said.

• I will always favor death sentences for the sake of preserving the rest of the society and preserving the lives of the others - IF FOUND GUILTY WITH EVIDENCE.

• 5d

Even sometimes evidence turn out to be wrong. And then its already too late, and we've taken another persons life

• Another senseless waste of a life. Disown your daughter if you're so mad. This woman is a murderer, and there ain't no need for any fancy words or reasons to cover that up.

• Death penalty, hands down. Ideally the world would be eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. She should be burned alive just like she did to her daughter. If it was someone I loved, they wouldn't even need a court. That being said, we must always consider that an innocent man may be tried for a crime he didn't commit, so a humane death is better for an official court system. True an innocent man may occasionally be put to death, but justice is ultimately served in the vast majority of cases.

• Yes.

• I believe a killer must be killed, as long as he intended to kill. And this woman is on another level.

• couldn't even listen to all of that. fucking sick. she should burned alive the same way. the brother too.

• No I don't believe in death penalty.

• I'm not usually for it, but she deserves it.

• death sentences are inhuman

• 6d

killing another human being without his/her permission (euthanasia) is inhuman too

• 5d

@cth96190 "An eye for an eye and the whole world ends blind" (Ghandi)

• 4d

That ghandi quote is so true

• Killing is wrong, what the woman did is wrong. At first, I was reluctant to say no, don't give her the death sentence. But seeing that the family promised the girl safety but yet kills her really fucks me up. She deserves the sentence.

• 5d

yeah and kills her in the worst, agonizing way a human can go through... I'm trying to be focus on being on the poor girl's shoes and wondering what she must have been thinking in those last moments as she was getting double betrayed (by both mother and brother), not knowing the heck is going on until they set her on fire and she started slowing burning to death.

• 5d

And not to mention the woman runs outside her house to tell everyone as if she achieved something good. The world is a mess

• If you kill your own daughter you deserve to die

• There's no honor in killing

• she just late term aborted her.

• I'm against the death penalty in all cases mainly because I don't care much for death and killing. I think the woman should be jailed for the rest of her life but not killed.

• Death sentence is always wrong.

• "Honor" killings are anything but honorable. It's completely barbaric and old fashioned. Maybe eventually enough of those people will wake up some day and abandon those barbaric practices.

• kill all those Muslim hijab wearing murdering psychopaths. the middle east should've been nuked and anyone with a hijab should be hunted and executed.

• 6d

@_Anonymous you, Sir , seem a great pacifist. The Republic of North Korea needs people like you to pacify S E Asia.

What Girls Said 4

• That gave me chills. She deserves the same kind of torture her daughter went through. You can't call her a mother

• 6d

Yeah, the words to describe her goes beyond the b word. As for the brother that participated in that too, he got a life sentence.
      Just to think she was hoping for a reconciliation and they fooled her and then I can't imagine what that girl's last moment (thoughts) might have been.

• 6d

as she was slowing burning to death

• 6d

It's horrible. I don't think she had the chance to have last thoughts. That pain must've been so agonizing you can't even think straight.

• I have mixed feeling about this. I'm against the death penalty, however I'm really proud of the Pakistani government for taking a strong stance and being harsher on people committing honor killings, it's really positive progress to more women's rights. It's kinda weird though it's like two steps forward one step back you know? Personally if it was my decision, life in prison, no possibility of parole.

• Death sentence should never be the solution. If we feel the need to kill others for their actions, we are no better ourselves. The fact that so many people think that death sentences are alright, scares me. It scares me that they have so much impact on society today. I am happy to live in a western country who doesn't believe in death sentence or free easy-to-get guns or all that kind of stuff that america has, that gives them thousands of thousands of deaths each year. She should be locked up for the rest of her life, and that might even be worse that to kill her on the spot. Violence doesn't solve violence.

• 6d

You obviously have no idea how "easy" it is to get a gun legally in the US. I know the shitty media likes to lie to you because you're gullible but you need to stop believing everything just because they say so. The majority of gun violence is caused by illegally purchased or stolen fire arms. Try to do your own research before you claim to know what you're talking about.

• 5d

@Watermelon15
      What you call misuse of power, I describe as necessary measures to protect society from vermin.
      ā€œIf people say that here and there someone has been taken away and maltreated, I can only reply: You canā€™t make an omelette without breaking eggs.ā€
      ā€” Hermann Goring

• 4d

@cth96190 To that, I say; you can make cute little chickens WITHOUT breaking the eggs. You can still form a great society where people actually frown upon death, without death sentence. Because if the government doesn't do it all the time, death wouldn't be everyday-life for people, and they wouldn't be used to killings happening. If people see executions on a daily basis and see people, as you say, get 'dragged out and shot in the head' then people automatically get cynical when it comes to death, and they would be more likely to do it themselves without feeling remorse.

• I think you should get what you give. Whatever you do should be done to you.