Are people born into success?

619

What Girls Said 6

• I think there are certain things that can certainly HELP you be more successful... for example, being born into a wealthy family, being white in America, being attractive, having above average intelligence, good genetics... etc. They don't necessarily guarantee success, but they give you a boost up, in my opinion.

• If you were born into a rich family, it could HELP you be successful. In my opinion, nobody is actually born into success.

• I think you can be born into certain guiding principles that can bare an advantage to you to be successful.

Wealthy, safe environment, supportiveness from family, privacy and ability to flourish on your own, natural heritable intelligence and so on.

But correlation is not causation. These things are not guaranteed and you still need your own agency to choose to succeed to fail in the world.

• no I don't think so. I think it comes to you with hard work. Like Dave Ramsey said, he had to fall down hard to hit rock bottom to realize he needed to change and then success came to him...

• Oftentimes, yes

• People can be born into money, but not success. Success is from hard work.

What Guys Said 19

• I guess that depends on your point of view.

Example: My lower-middle-class father felt that money issues were private things never to be discussed. As a result, he didn't (and still doesn't) understand money, and made poor investments and had plenty of money problems. He also didn't understand business, but he went into business for himself, and that didn't go so well for him. That seems obvious when you think about it, but he never put those things together.

Wealthy people talk a lot about money and money-related issues around the dinner table and other times. They talk about investments and projects and banking and legal issues. They also send their kids to private schools, not just to get an education (though the education is often better - not always substantially better), but because they want their kids to be around OTHER wealthy children, because those kids are likely to grow up and have their own successful businesses someday, and they will be invaluable contacts to have when their kids have businesses and need someone who is an accountant or lawyer or real estate agent or whatever. Wealthy people join country clubs and things to be around other wealthy people and NETWORK - and then when they need something, they can make a few calls and get a good person at a good price. They trade small favors that will help each other's kids, etc.

I know a number of wealthy people who, though they spend generously on their kids for things like education and vacations, don't GIVE their kids much in the way of cash. Yet those kids tend to do very well for themselves, because just being around a lot of people who actually understand businesses and money and how it really works, they pick up a lot growing up and listening to conversations. They instinctively come to know how to get a business going, how to deal with different kinds of problems, and how to handle money to insure a better future for themselves.

Middle-class and poor people rarely get THAT kind of "home-schooling" and they suffer greatly as a result.

I recommend the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, which is a fantastic introduction to how money really works, and contrasts the two schools of thought very well.

• I'd say that the successful people are made, not born. With newborn having no knowledge and the parents having different methods of teaching their babies, their personalities will be different accordingly. Some become the most successful, and others are less.

• Success doesn't depend on how you are born.

• Success is something that you can't get it by birth. You have mold yourself to be someone successful.
    The hard work, your experiences, you failures, your mistakes, you accomplishments, etc.
    All these make you successful.
    And history has it that to if you wanna be successful then you have to know the taste of failure.

• well if your dad is bill gates, then yes xD but otherwise it´s often a combinatio of 10% super hard work and 90% luck.

• Many are, some are not

• Well, I don't think anybody is actually born into success.. But, some people can be born with parents who became successful.. But it doesn't mean that they are successful.. Lol..

• No, but the view of success would ruin you.
    that is why I choose russian and ukrainian although they get rid of Lenin.
    But that theory is not for communism and they still have the view.
    That is the view of before.

• they are anointed into it sometimes

• depends on how the family is

• maybe.

• Some people are

• Not really they're taught how to be successful by their parents

• Some people are. Cough.. Trump.

• Isn't that what they call bluebloods?

• Mostly, yes. There was a study that tracked financial status in Europe, and it found that today's elite are pretty much the descendants of the 1500's elite.

• nope. but you can be born with the right tools

• no, tf?

• of course