Would you disown your child for marrying another race?

so Kobe Byrant's dad stopped talking to him for years because he married a white women.. so if it was your child what would you do.. speaking you dis-like the other race.. I'm black and I wouldn't want my son to be with a white women but I would not disown him.

my reason for not wanting my child to date white: my mother was successful black business owner in the south and the white hated her for it.. the white police made fake allegations and got her arrested. of course they couldn't prove any of them and no charges were ever filled and the white cop who was behind it ended up getting fired and now is a tow truck driver.. so yes I have a legit reason...
but I would not disown my child..
this is going to be a heated topic.. if you can't take the heat then please don't comment or answer..
P.S.- I didn't just dislike whites for no reason but whites have disliked me and my fam for the color of my skin for no reason..
Psycho

"you know what

lick my balls grandma, you are sitting with your bigass on the computer with your bigass classes and you can't read

grandma go **** me a meal with your big black ass you crazy racist and sell some black crack

you are a troll and you want girls to disown their kids

STFU and GTFO"

XD

if that isn't racism I don't know what is.. but I'm suppose to just be open to all white people right? as you see most deep down just dis like us.. I made my point..

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Apparently, some people choose not to interpret the question as it is. There's absolutely nothing racist about this question, its just a simple question sheesh, people are so fked in the head.. and no I won't disown my child from marrying out of my race, it'll actually be a great thing, reason being that being diverse is a beautiful thing.

P.S: people these days have issues.

• Thank you for having enough sense to know it isn't racist!

What Guys Said 6

• No

• My sister, we're filipino, is married to an American-italian guy. My family doesn't like him but not cause he's white, but cause of his personality but we still love her.

• This thread is a HUGE can of "oh sh!t".

This, and the numerous other unprovoked ethnicity related threads that opened up in the last couple of hours.

• @Update - Just so we're clear, it's racist when he types a prejudicial view on the internet, but it's not racist when you do it, yeah, you're all for equality, LOL

• who gave you a degree? you can't even reason! your an jack ass who can't take not having all the answers I'm done with u

• Racism is a state of being. It is the state of holding racial preferences. The preferences you discuss are not about music, food, cities, or any other objective entities. You are talking about HUMAN BEINGS. That is what makes your preference racism. I cannot make it any simpler for your. Whichever school conferred a degree on you owes you an apology.

• Show Older
  • @Update - We're not all like that, just like you're not all crack addicted thieves.

• @psycho.. shut up you are a retard I'm done talking too your dumb ass... your y black women are dating outside of our race because yall are dumb as hell...

• im in a great college unlike you @psycho so I am very educated.. so you can stfu you damn uncle tom just grow a pair.. you are a disgrace to blacks! rude awaking white people don't give a hit about u! and hear you are sticking up for him like he does! you are dumb as hell! I can tell you have never step foot on a college campus...

• @psycho if you are black then you really are dumb.. siding with a white person basically downing u? lol wow yeah I'm not going to speak to you anymore you are just really dumb and not worth the time

• Show Older
  • No. I would be glad if my kid found someone to love him/her that he/she also loves. I was really close with this chinese girl in high school (just friends) and my mom liked her but her close friend was a bit old fashioned if you know what I mean. One day she went off at my mom for saying that she could see me with this girl. She said to my mom, "Wouldn't you feel sick if you had a grandson or daughter with slanty eyes and darker skin." And my mom just said "No. I would be glad that my son is happy."

What Girls Said 13

• not all white people are mean, you can't always stereotype every race base on 1 or a few people. everyone is different.

• although I am Asian I am married to a white guy so if we did have kids the kid would be mixed. :S

• My children can date/marry any race or gender they want. A lot of my family disowned me when I dated a black girl and now my cousin's having issues with my family regarding her Mexican boyfriend, and I think it's just stupid.

• They disliked both facts, but I think it was the race they disliked most. Almost all of my family members are extremely racist, but only slightly homophobic.

• Do you think your family was more upset about the girl being black, or about her having a Vagina?

• Little-Hippie-- Yeah, I'm bisexual. I had a girlfriend before my current boyfriend.

• Show Older
  • my kid can date whoever he/she wants,i don't care if it's a boy,girl or herm,i don't care if it's black,white,green or purple (tho I prefer purple) it's not my choice

• well I am not going to disown my child although I don't have one & don't plan to have one

• Nope. As long as they are human & a positive and ambitious person I'm fine. I'll only be really upset if the guy/girl is doing nothing special and is just there. I don't think I'd ever go to the extent of disowning but there would be a distant connection. I'd also be upset if my child married a different race because he/she was ashamed of hers and didn't want to have black child(ren) (black in my case) because I know people like that.

• i would prefer that my children married other black people but I wouldn't disown them, that's really harsh and unnecessary. that just says that you hate other races more than you love your child. I wouldn't be pleased but I'd grow to accept it. I would raise my kids to have pride in their heritage and look for another african american first. I would really dislike it if they married a white person, no offense to all the nice white folks out there but yeah sorry that's how I feel. my family is from the south, we have roots here since slavery and a lot of history why the f*** would you marry a white person?

• I don't care who my child dates.

Boy, girl, black, white, asian, I don't care.

So long as he's happy and safe... Why should I care? Race isn't a thing by which people should measure the integrity of a person. Race has nothing to do with the quality of the person, it's just their heritage.

I actually would love if my child dated someone of another race, it think it would be great for him to learn another culture, experience life the way other people do. It's a really good growing up experience. There are somethings I can't show him and different ways of life is one of them, I can try to educate them but that's about it.

Who he chooses to date has nothing to do with me so I shouldn't worry about it as long as my child is safe and healthy and being taken care of. I made my choice he can make his, I have no right to step in and say no when a stupid thing like race is the issue.

• Alright, I'll accept that. So long as you don't automatically shun the person just because he's white. Everyone deserves their own chance. It's understandable to be cautious, not want your child to get hurt. Just keep in mind that you out right rejecting his significant other because of her race could hurt him as well.

• i said I don't trust.. I have had white friends and even talk to white guys but I have my guard up but I always get to know them..

• thinks like that. I know some pretty great white people. And some pretty great black people and pretty great people of all races. You just have to set those people who hurt you aside and learn to accept and separate between them and the people who didn't do anything. Just like you can't disown all Japanese people because some of their ancestors might have been involved in Pearl Harbor.

• Show Older
  • part of me doesn't like the idea of interacial marriage because I believe it is what is destroying strong cultures, but it is enevitible to happen, humans will soon be all mixed race. All long as their mate has a good heart the color of their skin wouldn't matter.

• but maybe you can stop the cycle? (to not prejudge, like they did to you)

• that, of course, does not justify what they did.

• maybe they were attacked by blacks. You never know what stems someones beliefs.

• Show Older
  • I can never disown my kids. They will be free to love who ever they want. It's their life and they need to make their own decisions.

• I wouldn't think anything of it?

• Oh, apologies. Well preferences are fine, I guess.

• i said I wouldn't disown but I would rather my child not

• @ your update. You had a bad experience (or your mother did), that doesn't mean you should generalize. Disowning your child because of who they decided to love is a bit of an overkill.

• As long as they are happy I would not care what color the person is.

• Never. My child will be able to love anyone he or she wants, so long as that person isn't a psycho or an awful person. They will have my blessing in all that they do.

• Yes if the race is white.

Several reasons I'd disown a kid that's #2.

• THE WHITEs coming! but Glen beck loves you link

• white? those that include toilet paper? what have again toilet paper?

link

• @house can call me stupid but when I call him the same I am rude? he is a joke.. and a pussy

• Show Older