Anyone else get really jealous of people who get to travel a lot?

I get so jealous of certain people and wish I was them so I can travel to certain countries and cities myself.sigh I want money. :-\

I should mention I have gone to a fair bit myself. I've been to about 8 U.S. states. I've been so Italy France, Spain Greece and Turkey as part of a Mediterranean Cruise. I've also been to Mexico and Canada. And a few Caribbean islands as part of another cruise. All when I was much younger.
Say where you have been if anything

What's Your Opinion?

Anonymous posts are not allowed

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I've only been to the US, and just Georgia and California to visit family. So not really a foreign country at all. My dad's sister travels somewhere every couple of years, but her kids are all grown and she's single and has a really good job with an insurance company. So she definitely has the money. She has promised me a trip to Europe to see all the old opera houses and historical music sites (because I'm a music major), when I graduate. Can't wait!My friend's dad is a pilot, and he flies everywhere. My friend goes with him to different places during the summer months, and she gets to fly first class (or business class), anywhere in the world. And because her dad has so much seniority with the airline he works for, he can stay in one place for like 2 weeks, instead of the usual crew layover of a couple of days.

• Cool, thanks for BA :)

What Girls Said 19

• yep. but that doesn't mean I'm not going to travel. I will, when I get out of school and have a jobi've been to China, Japan, Italy, France ... in order

• You have been to many places already! I'm jealous of you! and tohrment! lolI LOVE traveling!

• You've been to more places than I!

• lol, yeah. I wish I could travel more. I've been to a number of US states, and only one other province in Canada (but those were all when I was a kid). In University, most of my classmates somehow had the money to go on trips to places like Mexico or even to Europe on spring, winter, and summer break. I was always like, "How the hell can they afford to go on so many vacations while still being able to afford tuition, books, etc.?" :P

• very. although sometimes its not so bad because I'm personally afraid of planes...the thought of crashing and stuff =/

• I used to be dead scared of flying in planes, after about 10ish I pretty much broke that fear in two.

• I know so much about other countries, my major revolves around studying and comparing nations... but I'll never set foot in another country. It's something I've come to terms with. That's just how things are, I suppose.

• I am - the furthest afield I've even been is Ireland, and I'm for England - so yeah - just a tad jealous.

• Who's the spice of life?

• I don't feel inclined to say right now.

• ?(????) Why you travel so much?�

• me. I love traveling, yet I don't do it that much.

• I've travelled a bit... Australia, Indonesia, japan, new Zealand, Fiji, Finland, Sweden, UK, Estonia, Russia, Spain, France, italy, Austria, Croatia, Germany, Poland Czech republic And shanghai china.

• *jealous* ><

• lol I travle a lot but I hate it

• Where have you been?

• hawaii alaska newyork ireland umm poland for a bit mexico grand caymen lol a lot more but I can't think of them lol

• Sometimes but I have travel a bit myself! You love it!

• So your well traveled? As in sports. If a player has been with a lot of teams because he doesn't fit in "he's well traveled"

• Show Older
    • I remember Paris Hilton

• hahaha : )

• You could always cut down expenses and try to save up that way. It would at the very least get you enough money to go to another state!

• where have you been?

• France, Italy, Hungary, Slovenia, Moldavia, Turkey, US and Canada.

• I don't have money...but I do tend to hop about a lot. Its possible. I just follow where opportunities have opened up for me.I've lived in Wisconsin, California, Spain, and New York.Been to Minnesota, South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, Kentucky, Tennessee, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, and Michigan.Canada, Mexico, England, Scotland, France, Italy, Monaco, and Portugal.Airports in Texas, Massachusetts, and Ireland.I think that's it.Almost all of that has been since I went to college. Not bad for a farm girl from the middle of nowhere. :)

• ...I guess I'm one of those people that people tend to be jealous of...oops...

• Am jelous of u.I have only been to Botswana which is just to the west of Zim.I live in Zim but some people from far away have seen more of my country than me.Would you believe I haven't even seen the Victoria Falls?I can't even afford to travel locally,I also need money...

• I don't really get jealous. I haven't been out of north American though (except for Mexico). I really just want to visit Europe. And I'm slightly jealous of those who have been there already

• I travel a bit and get jealous of people who have the freedom (financially and time-wise) to travel a lot

• LOL, you're the one I'm referring to the most here. you and Sally. :-P

• Show Older
    • No! You've been to more places than I !

• But some of them I didn't get to spend much time in :(

• I'd love to travel more. So far I've been to Paris, Boston and I'm off to Poland in less than a week with my best friend ^_^

• Nope. I'm quite happy in Canada, and traveling isn't necessary to my happiness, haha. I have, however, been to Ecuador, and the U.S (Boston when I was about 8, and Miami in a layover flight to Ecuador).

• Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm not insanely jealous of the people who get to do it, but I really really really wish I had the same opportunities myself. I'd love to travel all over, but unfortunately I just don't have the money for it :(

• I've been to Canada and a few different states in the US. Sadly that's it. I'm going to Hawaii next month though so I'm looking forward to that!

What Guys Said 16

• Actually no. I find that when I do go away I'm pretty happy to eventually get home.And places I am interested in going to, I think could probably use another 5 to 20 to 50 years of development and social evolution before they're really that appealing.For instance I was last in England in December 2009 and I vowed not to return there for at least 5 years, and not to London for another 12 years. It was just dismal and depressing and culturally stagnant.

• Been to England 7 or 8 times, France twice, Italy twice, Scotland once, Greece once, Switzerland once, Hawaii once, California twice, Oregon 2-3 times, Washington State lots, all over British Columbia, Toronto and Montreal and Ottawa, Alberta a few times.

• I will travel in the future. To many places! Trying to find the best place to chill.

• No.It's no fun living in airports, missing connections & being stranded because of the weather.

• Yes, I'm so jealous. I've only been to Minnesota, Washington, and Texas in the states and I've been to Mexico.

• :( No jobs in your neck of the woods pal? Money's tight everywhere (in the real world anyway) at the minute mate, I've finally decided to stop smoking, mainly for my health but also because cigs are stupidly overpriced in England, $11 in your money for 20 cigs, government theft eyy?!?! :) !?!?Just keep your head up, try your best to maintain focus. You any funding or resources at all? No way of saving, going travelling, obtain a work visa to earn your money to return home with? I've had a few frieds do this when they've gone to Australia, worked on fruit farms lol until they can afford to go home :) What places do you want to visit Mr?

• China Ireland Spain Russia, Australia. Argentina Egypt Lower parts of Iraq where Sumeria/babylon was (if it's ever safe). I want to someday travel along the Silk Road if that ever becomes possible. Sweden, Norway, Britain... lol the list goes on and on my friend

• Show Older
    • It's LA yes horrible unemployment here.

• Worst state in your country I believe for joblessness? If it makes you feel any better it ain't exactly rosey where I am either, resigned from a job over a month ago hoping to move careers, found out I can't do the other job EVER because of my 'shady' background :(I'm now in the position of go back to work where I did before, have sh*t hours doing a sh*t job, or simply life off savings, money I'm owed, selling weed... the sh*t has hit the fan my friend

• I've never been on a cruise or airplane ride once in my life yet (growing up, we just didn't have the money, and financially, things are still a constant struggle), so I can identify with this. I'm glad and happy that a lot of my friends have gotten to go different places and see the world, but after a while, it stings just a little too much to keep hearing it, because it's something that I've always wanted to do. One day though, I'll get my chance.

• Yet another reason I deleted my Facebook was seeing other people in all these different countries and I would get so jealous lol. I', just like TAke me with you next time! please!

• Traveling by car only, I've seen every state on the East Coast of the U.S. and Quebec City, Canada so far...yup, that's it.

• Super jealous.

• @update: British Columbia, Ontario, Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.

• Wow lol

• i got the money for it but can't really get time off work and I'm in school. I wanna go somewhere for this spring break though

• I'm jealous.. But that's why I'm working hard now.. So I can be one of them lol.. So no complaints here

• So you are employed then? What's your job?

• No I meant like working hard in school lol. So I'll have a job that gives me the money and time to travel

• yep. not been out of the country. I want to study abroad and learn Spanish - maybe central or south America

• The only place worth traveling to is Valhalla and that's a one way ticket, not that you would want to ever return.

• Sweet. I've always wanted to see Valkyrie

• Yes they are quite a sight.

• this is a way cheap way to travel :D link

• Nope. But I need to do that myself, considering I haven't been out of my wonderful state in four damn years...

• Yeah. I've never gone out of WI. Hell I haven't been out of Green Bay very much. That's why after college I insist on at least moving to another city in the state then a few years later moving to an east coast state. I've never been on any kind of vacation.

• Nope don't care what they are doing. I do plan to travel a few more place when I have the time. They can wait. Those places aren't leaving any time soon.

• @update, I've been places.. Not going to list them though. =P

• Ive been to most states through sports, flown a bunch and sick of it though it was fun at the time. Only been out of country a VERY few times. If you want money, why not go get a job?

• Easier said then done my friend. I've been trying this past summer, I'll get back out there soon here

• Best of luck, economy does suck right now