• Ask
  • myTake

Is weed really illegal?

I mean is it really?..-_- everybody smoke weed like its legal.Rappers rap about it and admit they do it for living.If I was about 5 years younger I would actual think its legal and not even illegal.Same thing with hoes...its only legal in Nevada but everybody talks and rap about as if its not even illegal..lol Everybody got a hoe nowadaysWhat do yall think about this?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yes its illegal interesting enough racism made it illegal. Kinda interesting don't you think? Personally I think it should be legal because it would reduce crime greatly,.

What Girls Said 11

• I'm only 17 and I know this come on..

• It's illegal even though it's openly talked about. Some states it's legal on state government levels, while it's still illegal on a federal level and the FBI could bust those operations and government officials, but that's really techinical and complicated. But otherwise it's still illegal and rap isn't the best learning tool.

• Not complicated at all really, the tenth ammendment allows states to have their own laws as long as they are in compliance with the Constitution. The Constitution says nothing about weed so the federal government can make it illegal if they want which they have. But on that same logic, states can make it legal is they want. It can be the other way around too, legal on a federal level but illegal on a state level.

• Rap isn't real life...you realize that right?

• Some of rap is real life that is why they call it express yourself, I hope you know rap history

• Exactly some..and rap is a business, rappers are selling a product and an image lets not forget that either. And they have to maintain that image for their target audience white males between the ages of 16-25. Expression is a naive way of looking at the entertainment business now a days its mostly smoke and mirrors.

• Lesson: Don't look to rap songs for legality research.

• good questioni'm curious too

• the sarcasm in this answer just kills me :) luvin it

• Both are legal in Holland - the Netherlands

• Totes, everyone over 18 is allowed to hold up to 5grams.

• YES! What planet are you on, Rappers talk about shooing people in their songs, Pretty sure that's Illegal TOO!

• Rappers get shoot

• Oh forgive me, I rappers are the ones getting shot then I guess it's perfectly legal.

• its most def illegal. just because the openly admit to doing it doesn't make it any less? they werent caught in the act therefore can't get arrested. and prostitution is only legal in liscened brothels in Nevada

• some places. I don't do it because I'm scared I might get addicted

• you can't get addicted to weed, it's actually impossible. scientists have proven that, it's good for you, it'll help ya live longer ! smoke weed everyday

• Show Older
    • It is psychologically addicting however and if you've used enough of it for a long enough time, I believe you can still get withdrawals.

• lol @ sammi

• I'm sorry...what? Were you dropped or something?

• Weed is pretty illegal for the most part, however I believe depending on where you are or where you live, cops may sort of turn a blind eye over it.For instance, I live in a suburb of Dallas, Texas, but I don't go to a school in the city I live in. At my school, a lot of kids smoke and go to school high. Some even smoke in front or around the school. The police officers that patrol the school grounds turn a blind eye and may tell a kid to not do it in front of the school, but they won't arrest them, give a ticket or fine or anything. It's weird, but it happens alot. So it's illegal, but because we have the 1st amendment, it's legal to talk or rap about it. Unless it presents a clear and present danger, it's pretty much LEGAL to say whatever you want. But you can't go into a theater and shout "Fire" or onto a plane and shout "bomb!". Whether something is socially acceptable is another topic in itself.

What Guys Said 13

• I hate to break it to you, but when you see videos of them rapping and they've got "booty girls", expensive cars, planes, and houses, that's all fake too in the vast majority of cases. The houses, cars, and planes are rented, the girls are hired for the shoot, and most of their jewelry is fake.A lot of rappers come from the ghetto where they DO smoke weed, and may pimp girls on a small-time basis, and they may get away with it for a while because the police are so overwhelmed with bigger crimes (murders, kidnappings/missing people, etc.) to spend time on that on a regular basis. But lots of things that aren't strongly enforced "in the hood" will get cracked down on QUICK in suburbia.And people from ghetto cultures think that "respect" comes from defying the law and collecting "stuff" that they couldn't afford in the ghetto, so it's no surprise that rap songs are full of that stuff, but as I pointed out earlier, most of it is fake, and just used to create an "image" of success.Only a fool would take what he sees and hears in the media at face value, because so much of what you see is fake. You only see and hear what they want you to see and hear.

• Yep. Weed's still illeagal in most places. Same with prostitution. If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure when people rap about "hoes" they're referring to any woman--not just one who you pay cash to have sex with. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's exactly NOT what they're rapping about. After all, it wouldn't make you seem like a studly, manly man if you had to pay a girl to get close to your d!ck. Definitely not the image a rap star wants to cultivate.

• Walk up to a cop with a bag full of it...you'll find out quickly if it's illegal or not

• This is pretty good logic.

• corny ass muh'f***a

• well it is illegal if you have a large amount of weeds,if you have a joint or two no big deal.a cop caught some of my friends , but my friends had only one joint and they said it isn't legal to carry a joint.The cop warned them and left them :/

• Oh and weed isn't addictive it jut doesn't have the properties

• Medicinal is legal in a couple of states, and the rappers don't smoke weed they smoke joint kl rolled tobacco, if they smoked weed on their MV they would be arrested in a heartbeat, I live in Chicago and here it was recently decriminalized which means 250 dollar fine if you have under ten G's, if you have like an O Or a dub in small baggies you'll still go to jail.

• they also rap about having guns and killing niggas on the streets that don't mean you have to do or even question if its legal. I hate weed. the smell makes me wanna vomit so I guess I'm neutral to this legalization of weed saga

• It depends on where you live.

• It's a f***ing joke is what it is...only no one is laughing...prohibition ONLY breeds crime...but We The People have only ourselves to blame...if I wish to go down to the hardware store and buy a bottle of Pinesol and drink it..you cannot stop me..or huffing paint or gasoline...long, long time ago when I used to smoke pot..could not stop me..have NO IDEA why people think that passing a law makes any difference except to incarcerate more people and cause crime to fluorish...drugs were widely accepted in the '80s until all of the drive-by shootings...but those would not have occurred if there was no money to fight over...can go ahead and reverse Roe vs Wade...but people will still get abortions..o.O

• Well a lot of rappers aren't even real. especially the mainstream like wayne drake and so on. So don't go off what they say. Marijuana is a plant. not a drug. cigarettes pills are drugs because they put chemicals in it. marijuana was made illegal for the benefit of the prison and pharmacy industry. too many people are making money off weed to make it legal

• If everyone starts rapping about raping does that mean it should be legal?

• Yes.