Who is more important? Spouse or your own family?

Not gonna mince words...I am hearing (imo) an astounding number of situations where couples break off an engagement or bust their marriage because of her or his family...idk..maybe I am whacked..I believe my wife is inherently the most important person in all of the world...sure I am aware of the divorce rate...but who could possibly be more important than your mate?

Most Helpful Guy

• From my point of view: until I am willing to put my girlfriend in front of my mother, I am not ready to marry this lady. You will spend the rest of your wife and share responsibility in everything you do for the rest of your life. She can't be in second place.

• Report

Could not agree more..and you said it in one hell of a lot less words than I did..Kudos

• Report

And I have some typo too. Let me say that again.

From my point of view: until I am willing to put my girlfriend in front of my mother, I am not ready to marry this lady. You will share responsibility in everything you do for the rest of your life with your wife. She can't be in second place.

• Report

Yes...but I am surprised in both directions...true I did not get many male responses...yet I did not expect you all to agree with me...and the females seem to be talking about clinging to home...eh..I am confused...because my experience is the opposite...however...age might nhave something to do with this?