• Ask
  • myTake

Getting smoke out of cars?

Does anyone know any way to get the smell of cigarette smoke out of a car permanently? I left my truck at home when I went to college because my... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You can try using lots of febreeze and closing the door for a while, then let it air out. Or use incense that you like the smell of, it's still smoke but smells better. The only other way I can think of is a good cleaning and using some baking soda on the seats and rug then vacuuming it after it settles for a while... I smoke and my ex hated the smell, and these worked for me when it got too bad, and I smoked a lot when driving.

What Guys Said 5

• I'd say change the upholstery, I mean EVERYTHING inside the car that's fabric. A tad expensive but will do the trick apart from making it smell great :)

• Take it to a good car detailer to have the upholstery cleaned. Usually they have access to very effective shampoos and cleaners that basic consumers aren't aware of.

• Options :

- Wear a gasmask.

- Install the wheel and the drivers' seat on the roof. This will give you a 1860's coach feeling.

- Have the interior cleaned thoroughly at a car shop.

• Various methods are available link

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

0/2500