Do you swear/cuss? Why do you do it?

And do you censor yourself around others or do you have no filter whatsoever?

What kind of people do you not swear/cuss around?

Most Helpful Opinion

• I do. I think cursing is pretty poignant in a way, or it emphasizes expression in a way that pleases my ears. Also, I think vulgarity is somewhat symbolic in my mind of my disdain for certain conservative behavior and ideals. If there's a way to get it across through words that I don't personally agree with those conservative standards, cursing is one way to get that across. I like the sound of curse words. I say things that are considered really vulgar, like the word c*nt. The f bomb is also one of my favorites, and the b bomb, etc. I don't often say sh*t unless its "I don't give a sh*t".

I don't really consciously censor myself around anyone. There are certain situations, like at certain places of work, depending on where you work, where you just kind of pick up the vibe and environment that cursing isn't the best thing to do there. In public, on the street ? No, there's no reason to censor myself there. Depends on the environment. Around certain people, I find myself not cursing much. but its not out of conscious effort usually. Its just my natural way of feeling people out, and sometimes I just don't have the natural inclination to curse around certain people. Usually if I'm extremely comfortable, I will end up cursing. If I'm just comfortable enough, and understand that the environment doesn't call for it, I usually won't curse. And then conversations come up in which people mention cursing or vulgarity, and I'm always honest and I make it clear that I have a potty mouth but for whatever reason it just hasn't come out in this situation.

As for your last question... I definitely curse around my friends a lot. If we are in public and its not a formal setting or a setting that I don't feel is extremely sensitive to vulgarity, then whoever happens to be around will hear it because they chose to walk outside that day and encounter a variety of types of people, including those who curse. I try not to curse around little kids, but it has happened before. I'll usually just say sorry to their parents or something if they are in close proximity. Things like that. Other than children, its more about environment. I'm usually not going to consciously make the decision to hold my tongue for individual people or specific types of teenage/adult people, that's ridiculous. But if the environment is obviously not the right place, I usually process that naturally and end up not cursing. Its not a conscious thing, but sometimes I end up not cursing around people, and I'll notice that I'm not. Unless I have a friend or someone who likes to curse around at the same time. If no one else around me is cursing, or the people seem especially uptight, I may not curse, but I'll usually find a way to slide in a comment about how I usually have a potty mouth but "certain types of people" are a bit sensitive. Sometimes I really don't care though.

Well this was a long ass answer for such a simple question lol