Do I stay away or keep trying?

What do you do when your mate tells you that they need space from you? My boyfriend told me he needs space from me, I'm torn on what I should do.... Show More

How long is long enough for a break? I said I was giving it 2 weeks and I was gonna consider the relationship done and over...

Most Helpful Opinion

• Hearing those words hit hard. I would tend to think when someone needs a break they are looking to evaluate the relationship without you in it. Could be a variety of reasons. However, If someone is asking you to back off, you have 2 choices. Either give them space or walk away.

So try a no contact for 2 weeks and see what happens. If he continues not contacting you, he walked away first.

Either way sometime in the future you need to have a heart a heart talk and explain that adults just don't keep stating the fact that they are done. It is hurtful to the other.

Good Luck..Keep us informed of the progress...

• I agree, when I'm angry I don't just walk away from my relationship. That's not how things are supposed to be. When and if I say I'm done, I'm done. I'm not gonna use that just because I'm angry and then turn around and come back. He says he loves and needs me but if that were truly so, how can you just walk away from me like that...love is not like a light switch, you can't just turn it on and off when you please. Yeah, 2 weeks was what I said as well...

• I agree what you are saying. Love is not a light switch - either you want to work on a solution together or you don't . Simple... Give it the 2 weeks . But if your anything like me - during those 2 weeks of alone time your blood will boil and your going to have your light switch set to off... Just be prepared...