Boyfriend is obsessed with TheChive but says he'd dump me if I posted a picture of myself there?

So my boyfriend is constantly on thechive on his phone. He even saves pictures of chicks from it. So I told him I think it's fair that I post a picture of myself on thechive. He said "No way" and basically said I'd be a whore if I did that. So I'm confused.. he has a right to look at these strangers and save their pics onto his phone, yet I would be a whore if I did just what they're doing? What the hell is up with this double standard?!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I know your boyfriend is being hypocritical.But by you only wanting to post your photos, "to get back at him"doesn't make things any better. It makes you childish (no offense).You have every right to be upset, but you need to handle this situation very differently.Let it be known how disrespected you feel about this.If he continues to act like its no big deal,Then give him the cold shoulder for a while until he does otherwise.He should never want to see you upset.Your feelings should matter more than any ones picture,and unfortunately you need to go to the extreme for him to see that.

• Ty for ba

What Guys Said 2

• It's not a double-standard. He wants to see other girls but doesn't want anyone looking at his girlfriend's body.

• I don't see how this is fair though. He can admire other women and probably jack off to them (or else why would he save them?) He said it was for "art" before but I somehow don't believe that lol. And then he would be so mad if other guys admired my body or jacked off to me? When I put it that way I don't think I'd really want guys from the internet saving a picture of my ass but still I just want revenge! haha

• For all we know, those girls online are single. So it's not appropriate to put your body out there to be oggled for revenge. If you truly want revenge, start saving pictures of hot guys.

• If you want revenge, break up with your boyfriend - revenge is petty and immature.

• Double standards are for wimps.

What Girls Said 2

• Boyfriend is obsessed with TheChive but says he'd dump me if I posted a picture of myself there?Seems like the typical guy in my opinion touting sexual double standards when it suits him.he has a right to look at these strangers and save their pics onto his phone, yet I would be a whore if I did just what they're doingLikely in his mind it's more of 'he has a right to look at whores constantly checking them out and saving pictures but his gal can't be a whore'What the hell is up with this double standard?!Possibly a Madonna/Whore complex and/opr male possessiveness regarding you as property so your sexuality is only for him that while his sexuality is free to do whatever the f*ck he wants.

• I agree! Why should his sexuality do what it wants and not mine?! How rude haha. I don't know if retaliating by going on thechive would be the best thing for me to do but it angers me that he had that reaction when I even mentioned it.

• If that reaction angers you then probably most guys will anger you.In my opinion most guys have a 'I can look all I want but you can't do that'.

• i know guys are so f***ing unfair and this double standard crap needs to stop.