Is it safe to download TV shows onto your computer from the internet?

I often stream TV shows using Gorillavid or the like. How dangerous is it to download TV shows from sites like this onto your computer to view when you don't have internet access? Are there better and worse sites to download from?

What have you experienced? What have you heard?

Thanks!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• When you got Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security then even redtube is perfectly safe.

This part kind of confuses me: "How dangerous is it to download TV shows from sites like this onto your computer to view when you don't have internet access?"

-if you have no internet access then you couldn't even open Google, yet to stream TV shows...

• Streaming is the same as downloading, the only difference is that your browser doesn't notify you about it and automatically deletes that file once you close the website.

When it comes to safety there's no difference, as I said - get a good anti-virus and you'll forget about such kind of issues.

• I mean download while you have internet in order to watch when you leave the internet.

What Guys Said 1

• It's relatively safe...and if you have a virus program it'll let you know if there's a virus in it. However, you probably shouldn't download it to your computer, as it will eat up your memory; get an external hard drive (the bigger the external drive, the more you'll pay)

• Thanks!

• Yeah, hard drives today are SO small that there totally are no place for TV shows...

What Girls Said 1

• I'd suggest trying Netflix or Hulu. TV shows are probably the worst thing to download as far as viruses are concerned. It doesn't matter where you go.

• I'm sure those might be better options, but the point here is that I want to be able to download stuff and keep it on my computer for a time when I don't have internet access. Does Netflix allow you to do that?