• Ask
  • myTake

Any boxing fans watch tonights fight?

Manny Pacquiao knocked out cold. That very well may have been fight of the year. Knock out of the year. What a fight. Anybody else have any thoughts?

Pacquiao/Marquez 5?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Incredible fight. Incredible rivalry.

• I think there is a good chance they will fight a 5th time. Which is amazing. The 4th fight kind of reminded me of the Hagler-Hearns fight. Two top level guys just saying screw it.

• Show Older
    • Not sure. I just know that's how it works. Mayweather isn't going to fight Martinez, guy is just too big.

• Yeah makes sense.

What Girls Said 11

• I am really sad that Pacquiao lost, he's a very good boxer and a respectable one, but he can never always win, that's what a game is, sometimes you lost sometimes you win. But I am still a fan of him even though he lost. Anyway I am happy for Marquez, I know he deserves it.

• Yeah, I've always liked Pacquiao, a really stand up guy. But I really respect both of them for the fight they put up. Both men went down, but Marquez delivered the KO blow.

• nope

• Bahahahaha, sorry but Manny needed that :P

• I AM SO HAPPY. Just thought I'd start with that. Such a great fight. Marquez did something many doubted was possible and shut Pacquiao up... At least for now. I was jumping around when that hit landed and you just see the pac man drop. Man am I still so thrilled. Viva Mexico!

• I was going nuts for the second half of the fight. How exciting. Marquez must feel like he had the moment of his life last night.

• of course you're Mexican

• As well as Puerto Rican. But yeah, that means I hold a lot of pride in this win. I don't know if you mean that in a racist way or not, regardless I am extremely proud and have always thought Pacquiao had too much ego.

• Headed to the bar tonight and gonna watch with my guy, have a few drinks and enjoy the weekend. I think manny might win though

• Happened last night. It was a phenomenal fight.

• Show Older
    • omg hahaha sorry I thought it was tonight :P never mind lol

• girls... smh.

• I wanted Pacquiao to win. He just seems so humble and nice, but Marquez definitely deserved it. I'm not going to lie it scared me when he got K.O.ed and I did tear up a little when I saw his wife frantically trying to get to him. What a horrible postion to be in :/

• Yeah I always feel bad for the family. I really wouldn't want my family to show up to any of my fights in that position to be honest.

• i'm watching the replay, I hope this time manny will win :D

• srsly marquez did a good job so congrats to him but of course for us filipinos there's nothing left to prove he is still the best! ^-^

• hahaha would be nice if replays worked that way eh? Pacquiao is a great fighter regardless.

• It was OK. I've seen better

• WHAAAAAAT? You've got to be referring to one of the fights back in the day, because I haven't seen a fight that good AND that evenly matched in a long while.

• I agree with the asker

• yes me and my brother are watching this!:)

• Why does it always have to be a race thing? Can we just enjoy the sport and the athlete's ability rather than their race. I think people who think that way are ignorant and uneducated...

• It's not specifically race, not the color of your skin or hair, it's more about the national pride.We have nothing against Philippians, some of my best friends are Phillipino, even some of my aunts (who are Mexican) were on Manny's side. In any other fight I would be on Pacquiaos side 100% but I like Emmanuel as well and well my national pride beckons me to his side

• lol anon girl it's like in olympic games you take pride if your country wins XD

• It was a pretty good show I've got to agree! Poor Pacquiao. I always feel bad for the loser.

What Guys Said 13

• Yo, that was a crazy F***ing K.O.

• My mind is just blown. That was fight of the year. That round marquez went down was a WAR. That fight turned into a hearns vs hagler type deal.

• Round 3 was the best round, it was just non-stop fists in the air. Who knows if they're going for 5.

• Manny made a crucial error. He didn't have both hands up to his mouth level to defend himself from a punch or counter punch, and as a result, he walked into a right power punch. That's almost like walking into an ambush. It's is extremely difficult to overcome.

• That's something Marquez has been good at against Pacquiao, and he got too careless. Still, what a fight.

• Very entertaining fight. I am certainly hoping for a 5th. Marquez just has a style that is kryptonite for Pacquiao. Counter-punchers love fighting opponents with limited defensive skills who leave openings by being sloppy technically. Pacquiao has improved in a lot of ways, as his head movement during most of the fight demonstrated, but it obviously was not enough. When Marquez fought Mayweather he got embarrassed because he had much slower hand speed and Floyd does not make the mistakes that Pacquiao does.

• I do believe there should be a 5th match because they both are exciting fighters. Pacquiao will not be so careless this time.

• That was such a different Pacquiao. Before he would be aggressive and careful. That fight, he just looked aggressive and not very careful. He was use to taking so much punishment from bigger guys but he didn't even protect himself for much of the fight.I still think he would beat Mayweather though. Marquez has always given Pacquiao fits.

• I'm for seeing a Mayweather Marquez rematch. Marquez looked much better than previous fights. He looked much more comfortable and stronger than in previous fights.

• Didn't catch the fight unfortunately but that is justice because Marquez should have won the last fight!LOL@ anyone who thought Manny would beat Floyd

• Great fight and a great year of training for Marquez. He really shaped up and improved. Marquez did what Mayweather was afraid to, knockout Pacquiao.

• Marquez didn't just KO Pacquiao, he essentially vindicated the first 3 fights. He has to feel like his entire life lead to that moment last night.

• Hell yeah! I was watching it at a baptism after party (full of Mexicans, including me) and it was so exciting! As soon as it was over the Band started to play well known Mexican songs and everyone was dancing :DAsi se hace!

• it's been one hell of a fight damn!

• What a fight! What a knockout! Congrats to Marquez.!If only there was a Mayweather Pacquiao !

• i can't believe I missed that fight. I heard it was f***in epic.

• Yes, a couple.1. Before Marquez delivered the knockout punch, it was a very good fight. Both sides delivered and took big blows, very entertaining and overall a close fight.2. Marquez definitely established himself as a big player last night.3. People are usually for the underdog. If Marquez lost, he would've been commended for putting up a good fight rather than being made fun of for being knocked out cold.

• I have to admit I was surprised Manny lost. It certianly was a hell of a fight.