Is it true guys are funnier than girls?

I've heard before that a guy and a girl can make the same joke and more people will laugh when it's said by the guy?

Do you guys think this is true?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• If the girl is hot people will laugh along with it just to please her even if it was entirely unfunny. Guys tends to be funnier mainly cause there usually less inhibited.

• wow Thank you :)

What Guys Said 10

• A funny chick is funny. A funny dude is funny. Chicks can get away with jokes dudes can't tell.

• I watch a lot of stand up comedy on TV and I can say most female comedians are not that funny and only say jokes only girls find funny mostly. Girls can be as funny as guys but by majority I wouldn't say they are. Not sure why that is.

• yes, it is true. girls simply arem't funny (no matter how hard they try). I've never met a funny girl before.

• It's a matter of delivery. I've found very few female comics who have good delivery. They might tell a joke that's humorous, but they tell it in a way that didn't have much impact. Some exceptions were people like Wanda Sykes, Roseanne Barr, and even Lisa Lampanelli. They all have a particular style of delivery.

But I am a guy, so I realize that this may be bias and that men and women might actually have very different ideas about what funny is due to a variety of factors.

• By far

Women are only funny when they do/say something by accident. When they actually try, they're not.

• No

• Comedy is not only about the words, it's about the delivery and timing...

• I don't know about that. Maybe it has something to do with delivery? I know that there is a huge difference between guy humor and girl humor.

*shrugs*

• I don't know about repeating the same material and getting different reactions, but as a general rule, yes I think men are way funnier than women.

You just have to look at the ranks of the professional comics to see that.

• I know that in general male Maine Coons are more clownish than female Maine Coons - who got more dignity, but about humans I'm not sure - strongly depends of the individual.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think so, it depends on the character of each person . . :)

• No, not at all.

One of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

Gender does not determine whether you're funnier or not.

• i don't think so