What's your deadly sin?

I'm just curious, not to be taken as invasive or anything. If you don't happen to know the Seven Deadly Sins; then here's what they are:

- Anger

- Envy

- Gluttony

- Greed

- Lust

- Pride

- Sloth

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 24

What Guys Said 22

• Anger, definitely.

Sometimes I get so angry, I actually surprise myself, haha!

Gluttony would be a close second - I love food.

• Well if I pick one of them I would lie so I pick all of them and I emphasize on anger.

• Pride, anger, and gluttony. In that order.

• Pride and angry

• hmmm I've got them all. I am a sinner what can I say...

• Envy.

• Sloth or lust

• Lust

• Sloth -_-

• if I had to choose one...Envy.

• Envy

• Probably gluttony and sloth. But mostly sloth since gluttony pertains mainly to my consumption of sweets.

• Lust it's not out of control

Pride for certain things which make it conflicting

Anger when constantly provoked or hurt and with myself

Envy nope

Gluttony nope except for pie lol

Greed nope, I'm really compassionate and giving

Sloth, at times when it comes to procrastination only

• Lust I have a high sex drive but I am suppressing it... out of all those sins I think Sloth in dealing with procrastination for certain things is kinda most annoying for me

• Anger, lust, pride

• Either gluttony or sloth. I spend too much time on the things I like rather than being responsible enough to do what I should be doing. I'm too lazy.

I'd say that pride is a close second, though.

• I'm thinking Wrath, although I like to keep a good balance of all seven in my daily life!

• Anger,Envy and lust

• Just a bit of an obsession with the seven deadly sins here.. LOL.

I think mine is Gluttony. I do things in excess, and I like to do what feels good regardless of the consequences. This has been my challenge throughout life is learning when to say when. Its ranges from being obsessed with dancing the night away at one club or the next, to eating until I realized I was 50lbs overweight (fixed that one thankfully haha).

• Lust and Gluttony.

• PRIDE. That has bitten me in the ass so many times...

• Show More
  • Selected as most helpful

Loved your question :D

I am a mere human being and these sins were derived and discovered after humans came into being. I indulge in all these sins ;) :-*

1. Anger: I do have anger but again I believe this descrbes 'anger in control of you' ;) - well my anger is something I use as a weapon i.e. show it when needed so it gets work done and/or used to avert a bigger unfruitful problem.

2. Envy: How will one ever scale an ambition w/o envy? consciously I've never known envy ever as we perceive it. however, come to think of it the very thought of aiming since childhood 'to be there &/or like him/her' itself is envy ;). use it in the +ve sense and you are ambitious.

3. Gluttony: growing up during teens when BMR and appetite is at it's peak and I've been blessed with a good one at that :D. Have eaten as much as and more than any person could while having strength & stamina that required that feeding in those days :D. No matter how gluttonous someone may seem as long as they are not taking it away from someone else's plate / depriving the weak and poor, earning their food or ordained by god to receive food in that quantum, being given the capacity by nature to digest it; I think it's done ;)

4. Greed: Again something that some say are greed maybe mere ambition. The one and only person who I've heard who called me that (albeit behind my back) was someone who I'd sent a quote for professional services on various counts. I price myself high by any standards as I know what I deliver is quality and that is my right - work with me if you want to or settle for something less ;). So again even quality and ambition can be interpreted as greed.

5. Lust: Ah how can we survive without that :D I AM a VERY lusty guy, I lust all the while & LOVE being that way :D. However, I will not lust for someone when she trusts & confides in me, when she is drunk / intoxicated / drugged (and it will be 1st time if at all with her), if she is someone working with me i.e. under my power & a few more reasons

6. Pride: What is a lion who is without pride. I AM and WILL ALWAYS BE a very proud person. However, that is my demeanor and not intended to make anyone else feel lesser i.e. I don't impose it unless I deem it necessary.

7. Sloth: I indulge in this too. I need 7-8 hours of sleep. I even leave work if find the office doesn't need me being there to conduct / participate what they are doing. I go chill out even if the world is in frenzy around me & my contribution / aid in any way is not required ;) - there are tons of 'hard working' characters out there who think I'm lazy and shirk my work - YET they require me to be there lol

A sin is a sin based on it's perception and utility, likewise is 'good'. too much of anything eitherway is a sin :D

• Tie between anger and pride...

• Same here.

• Pride, I always feel like We should be proud of ourselves, so I'm very Prideful in general, not cocky but I'm ready to fight for my pride.

• Sloth. Though lust is pretty close too.

• Probably envy.

• I don't like the term "seven deadly sins" because in Proverbs 28:13 the bible says: "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." So basically, anything you can admit to yourself is wrong, confess to God and try to never do again, he will forgive you for. Jesus died for ALL sin, not all sin -7.

• I know, I was just being cautious

• I wasn't intending to cause a fight, merely to present an opinion. What others choose to initiate from that opinion is entirely there problem.

• I believe that religious opinions should be kept to yourself because fighting about religion is immature.

• Wrath, represented by the lion that Dante met in the winding wood.

• Deffinetly anger. Not that I am acting out negativly although I believe the feeling of anger may be somewhat bad for the mind and body. I'm guilty of lust and probably pride to some extents.

• we all have that sum in each mini or large quantities. mine would be Envy

• Those aren't deadly sins. Those are natural human emotions, and the church villifies those humanistic traits to try and guilt-trip you into joining their cult.

But to play into your question: lust

• Id say Sloth, if anything.

• Pride.

• sloth

• probably all of them besides gluttony, well maybe a little bit because it is Christmas.

• Tonight it's definitely sloth.. haha

• Definitely lust

• sin is a very weird word and its related to beliefs and religions and I'm not sure these are necessarily bad things used at the right time for survival means.

its probably not too difficult to just punch that in. but I read a book and the 7th one is murder.

• No, murder isn't one of the Seven Deadly Sins. The list she has here is accurate. The Deadly Sins are so named because they're essentially character flaws that lead you to fall further into sin. The greatest of the Deadly Sins is pride.

• pride

• It's between Envy and Anger. I do get really pissed sometimes, and I do envy others, especially when they have a relationship and I don't.

• Anger. I'm very revenge driven.

• I have a few- Anger, lust and pride.

• Show More