Guys/girls which one is better, civil engineering or mechanic engineer?

i want to know that what you think guys/girls,which on is better,and which one make more money?which is more interesting?civil engineering is same engineer that build homes and things like metro or etc ,and mechanic engineer is that engineer that work in factories and somewhere like building cars or this stuff

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It really depends on your interests. Civil engineers are more into city planning and structural engineering, etc. Mechanical engineers have endless possibilities and generally make more money, however, with growing cities and green building, there will always be an endless need for civil engineers.

What Girls Said 15

• Mechanic

• Mechanical engineers generally make more money, and have more options. I'm not so sure about this, but I think marine/underwater tech engineers make more money than mechanical engineers...

• I say civil engineering that's what my boyfriends major is and I am sure they make money too. good luck!

• Sorry it's out of the topic here but Marine engineering would make a lot of $$$. That's what my exstudies for his masters.

• Civil Engineer.

• I will go with mechanical engineer.That is what my ex studies.

• mechanical engineer... my bro loves his job

• I don't know much about the differences in duties, but a civil engineer will typically make less money than a mechanical engineer but jobs will be more available for a civil engineer.

• Mechanic Engineers may have more options at a higher level.

• I attend a university with a very strong engineering program and I know for a fact that mechanical engineers make MORE money than civil engineers do.

• UCSB? :)

• I think mechanic is more my style.

• Doesnt matter to me. As long as he in bringing in money to help out and loves what he does

• civil makes more money !

• I am more intrigued by mechanical engineers but civil is cool too. I am assuming you are interested in one or the other.Which way are you leaning more towards?

• You have to look at everything though. Like pay scale. Being a civil engineer might be more productive if you wanted to have a family.

• i like civil engineering more,but I just want be sure,i want my job be something like important,you know ,somethings that make effects,i like mechanical engineers too! I mean I could like it more too,maybe...

• Civil Engineer would probably make more money. But I wouldn't base it on money. It all comes down to what you would enjoy the most.

• I think everyone second guesses decisions they make in life. I wouldn't dwell on it. Soon enough you will embrace your decision and not second guess yourself.

• yeah I know its comes to what I enjoy,and I have selected civil engineering,but I just want to know I have choose right thing,because I could choose mechanic too,and sometimes I go back and think if I did right thing,

What Guys Said 12

• Honestly any degree in engineering means that there is always going to be a demand for those type of people and your going to be making some serious cash wether it be civil, mechanical, aerospace, industrial, ext... I can tell you as a third year civil engineering student who has been blessed to have been lucky enough to intern for a few state/federal agencies (DOE, BLM, DOT) the pay difference between the two is not much. And really when it comes down to it depends on how well you perform your job if your mediocre your going to be paid mediocre same goes if your a superstar at the office your going to be paid like a superstar. True story my manager and friend for the DOE who himself is a civil engineer started off working for a local city agency making around 50,000+ starting he then made a name for himself and corporation/agencies are looking for stuff like that he then got a job offering for the DOE and quickly moved up the ranks to where he became the head honcho himself a federal project director making 250,000+ a year. So as I stated before it just depends on how well you perform your job. And which one is more interesting well that really is up to you to decide do some research and try to do some internships or co-ops that will help you out. Best of luck!

• mechanical engineering = $$$however, there's a reason why engineers are the most paid majors in a university. It's because engineering majors are the most difficult. There are a lot of engineer drop outs. Engineering is designed to filter out the weaklings. When you consider yourself to being an engineering student, you're inheriting a lifestyle. No partying, no women (very few), no time for anything. You have to be willing to give up sleep, food, relationships with family or friends, etc.

• You do what interests you more; what would you rather build if money were no object?

• It depens of what you prefer... we cannot help you I am afraid!

• At my school both of those are the butt of all jokes... but electrical/computer engineering are the best..When ever someone fails we tell them they should enter the mechanical program lol... Most people change majors to mechanical but mechanicals never step up to electrical/computer engiering

• business majors are the butt of all jokes lol

• there are lots of factors to be considered, what you love doing the most that's the most important factor for me , cause an engineer who isn't passionate about what he does, will quit or half ass his job, cause engineering is crazy hard, for example Adrian Newey is the chief engineer for red bull f1 racing, he spends months working on the car engineering new parts and what not , and even when they are on a plane back from a race, he still has his old sketch book , that's someone who loves his jobs, and that's what makes the difference, every genius idea he makes in the pinnacle of motor racing finds it's way to road cars, same goes for other amazing f1 engineeris , think ABS, Traction Control, Drag Reduction, Kers, seamless gear change, carbon fiber, floppy pedals all these were invented by F1 engineers, they don't get paid say like bio tech engineers but they make their mark, I my self I'm in the field of software engineering, I love doing it cause I love artificial intelligence and I find it fascinating which will help me withstand the crazy hours, I put looking at weird algorithms :p or insolvable problems now if money is what makes you tick here are few links , keep in mind what's the sect, that's an other money factor link link

• thanks for links, and I am agree with you ,when someone loves his job ,he is gonna doing it well ;)

• Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build targets.-I'm a mechanical engineer :)

• :) that's cool ,

• Civil engineering makes more money.

• mechanical, because if you combine mechanical with electrical, nuclear or something tha closely realtes to it you will have a better oppurtunity for a job and get paid more.

• Whichever one pays more

• I don't know exactly what you mean by the word "better". Both majors are respectful, viable for a very long time, and have limitless possibilities in terms of job offers and money making. I am one semester away from becoming an Electrical Engineer (specialized in communication and networks) and as I went through this journey, I realized that engineering is tough and requires a lot of seriousness, assiduousness and hard work. If you are planning on selecting a major based on what people think is cooler or better, then my advice to you is to choose neither. However, if you were asking this just for the fun of it, then it sounds like you are comparing apples to oranges (forgive the cliche) as those two majors do NOT relate in almost any way. Keep well. :)

• well I do like civil engineering but it doesn't mean I couldn't like mechanical engineering ,i did choose civil engineer in university but I could choose mechanic engineering too, I just want be sure I have choose right thing

• Depends on where that engineer works... there are plenty of mechanical engineers that make huge amounts of money when they work at one of the aerospace companies or one of the many defense contractors. Civil engineering, these days the only ones that pay well are those that have huge amounts of experience, can perform in O&G related applications and a few odd and highly specialized fields you can forget about making any money... increasingly being outsourced and some of the biggest suppliers of civil engineering services are those from China. -Sales Engineer :)