• Ask
  • myTake

Is a 23 year old too old for a 19 year old?

is a 23 year old guy to old for a 19 year old girl? Or should I find someone closer to my own age?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• No not at all if it is not an issue for either of you. If you are compatable then it honeslty doesn't matter. My last boyfriend was 24 and I'm 18. Before him I dated a 29 year old. I know that seems ridiculous but it really is about who you click with and maturity levels. That being said you also need to think about the future too (this is only if you get serious). Because you must remember that you will always be younger. If you end up getting serious and stay together for a long time the age difference may become an issue in the sense that he may be ready for marriage and children when you aren't. But four years shouldn't be too bad so I wouldn't be concerned. It is just a side note for future reference if need be :)

What Girls Said 16

• Sounds fine.

• i know a friend who has the same age gap and they've been together 3yrs. I suppose if it works for you it's fine. :)

• Not at all, 4 years is nothing. What it comes down to is not but where you both are in your lives and what you both want out of life. There are 7 years between me and my fiance and its never been an issue

• Nope, same age difference as the one I'm in.

• its fine as long as you guy connect really well with each other and want the same things in life then it shouldn't be a problem...

• I don't date that young . But nothing wrong with it legally

• No, not at all. I don't think that there is anything wrong with that. You are both adults. I am 20 and I wouldn't have any problem dating a guy who was four years older than me. A lot of girls like guys who are older than them.

• not too old.

• it's just fine! I met my boyfriend when I was 18 and he was 22. same thing. we're together for 3 years now :) (i'm 21 and he's 25)

• Not at all. Woman tend to mature faster than men so the age difference is good. Relationships in which the man is a few years older than the woman works out much better than with someone of equal age. I am 19 years old and engaged to a man whose 27 years old.

• Nah I think that's fine,4 years isn't that much of a cap.As long as you want the same things.

• No when I was 17 I was dating a 21 year old

• No. men generally marry women 3-4 years younger.

• no that's normal. as long as she is mature and wants the same things you want.

• That is probably okay, it's not a big difference. Both are legal ages.

What Guys Said 4

• i think that's fine

• No, it's not. In your age group, people should look more at maturity levels than age.

• Nah...I banged a 20 year old girl when I was 27... seven year age difference - yours is only 4 years different

• Nah that's not too old.I honestly think the age gap/difference really only matters before the age of maturity.