Why is it that the ony way a girl can be "cool" these days is if she...

has her hair dyed a bright colorplays an instrument (like the drums or guitar or sometin)is a gamerwears no makeup but if she does it goes along with her badass lookI always hear guys saying this is their dream girl these days. why do guys only consider these girls to be "cool" and ignore other girls who fall out of the catigory? what about a girl who is unique, funny, smart, athletic, not afraid to speak her mind, enjoys deep conversations etc?, and why are they not considered cool anymore?

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you do. How many times do you wish or do see a girl in bright hair with a cool band t shirt or perhaps a vgame t shirt and you're like hey she's cool I want to be her friend. And then you see people who you can't tell if they're cool or not and don't even bother with them... Oh yeah and I forgot to mention her fav genre of music is hard rock

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• i guess you are taking it too seriously. everyone has a different personality traits. I personally look very shy and conservative but in reality I am very outgoing, am very friendly, I love whiskey(I am told not many girls enjoy it), I love playing video games. but at the same time I am very intellectual and love deep covos. so I have diverse personality traits and my boyfriend says he hates me for this because he find me very confusing... but other people like me... so it depends entirely on person to person.

• *Initially of-course

• true.. Honestly I don't think my boyfriend would have given me the light of day if he wasn't so physically attracted to me lol

• here also I would like to comment on personal preference of every single being. my boyfriend got attracted to me because of me simple sober appearance. its only afterward he got to know I really am inside. Yes it is true people categorize in fashion because it is the outer appearance we see. and their personality traits are only known afterwards.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 1

• a girl who is unique, funny, smart, athletic, not afraid to speak her mind, enjoys deep conversations etcis cool indeed since not many girls are like that.

• Idk I've never thought of changing myself like that its just when love is involved I get so irrational.. Sometimes I feel my uniqueness has made me miss out on opportunities to make more connections in my life making me less relatable not to mention I'm quite quiet with random people lol but now I'm off topic I tend to be a little ADHD lol

• if thts how you think,then you really shouldn't be bothered bout changing your looks or appearances to what you boyfriend likes

• Well I have the piercing because I genuinely think its cute and I want to dye my hair because I just do regardless of what people think is cool if that was why you were thinking.. Main point is people grow out of these things right, and will mature and find discover their own personal cool which I already have.

• Show Older

What Girls Said 2

• I am one of these girls. Not because of the trend but because slowly over time it just happened. I don't believe I get a lot of attention because of my looks. I dye my hair because I like being different, I like video games because I grew up with them and I wear no make up because I don't sew the need to hide behind it. My clothing suits my body and skin tones and I like heavy rock because its what I grew up with. I can't help who I am. I like me this way and a lot of the time I get the attention I do, because I am confident. Simple. I think you will find it isn't the look of someone that draws attention it is how well they pull it off.

• Well lucky you, you're the kind that is high in demand these days..

• I've never heard this before, this is new to me.

• you always see pics on Facebook such as a gamer girl and it says "kids this is how I met your mother" with thousands of likes and you hear guy say oh I want a girlfriend who wears no makeup etc etc etc