Have you ever gotten back with an ex?

Did it work out or end badly? Would you ever date an ex again?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 6

• In most cases it ends up badly again.. but not all of the time.

• I won't go back to an ex. There was a reason the two of you broke up and I would never go back forr another try.

• yes I got back. yes it worked for about 2 weeks after that he went to his old self again

• i never have gotten back with an ex personally... but I know people who have. sometimes they even broke up and got back together more than once. some are even married.

i think it all depends on the reason why you broke up in the first place and how badly both people want the relationship to work.

• I am dating my ex again right now so far so good we both grew up while we weren't together. I dated him from the time I was 16 till I was 20 and we broke up and we still saw each other when we weren't together! I'm 23 now and I have dated other guys during our break up and I know now it has always been him! I have loved him since I was 16 and I haven't stopped loving him! If you have both changed for the better go for it or if you have both grown up try!

• no because funny, it's like marriage, if you expect to change or have a guy change for you, it probably most likely won't happen. he'll be the same way that as when you two met, given some exceptions.

I never would go back to an ex.

• No...I wouldn't date an ex again. Once we're over with we're over with. It ended the first time for a reason.

• Selected as most helpful

No, I only briefly tried with one ex but that was only because we still loved each other. We just broke up because of distance. So we still spoke. She just didn't want to do long distance so we never got back together.

Every other ex I stay away from. Let's just say we broke up for a reason.

I also try to actively cut ties with my ex's. 99% of the time getting back together doesn't work out, unless it was HONESTLY due to outside circumstances. Like maybe he had to move for work, but not a year later he's back. The problem is everyone likes to use less personal reasons such as this as an excuse for the break up so as not to hurt the other person's feelings as much. This is why I always advise people to be honest during break ups. When you aren't, it will cause that person to hold out hope and not leave you alone. If you really think they are a bitch/a**hole say so, don't give some BS excuse like "I don't have time for a relationship right now".

• Briefly yes, but it didn't work out. I wouldn't rule it out, but it's incredibly difficult to make these kind of relationships work again. The problems that plagued it in the first place, will almost always be there.

• I would never date an ex, because for me, ana ex is something I have moved on from because I am seeking better, and the last thing I want to do is settle for something less,x

• Yes, I did. Since then we got married and it has been great. But that's us. I think it depends on why you split in the first place. If it was for good reasons, then the odds of it working out are pretty slim, IMO.

• I never got back with an ex. I tried, but she became very religious, and she said no.

• I hate to say this but it depends.

It depends on why you broke up. If something was missing such as passion then time won't help that. If it was some more pragmatic like a job move or school, then its worth a try.

The key is that the passion has to be there for BOTH people.