GUYS how would you react if a girl offered to buy you a drink?

GUYS how would you react if a girl offered to buy you a drink at a bar?

Obviously there's more to my own personal story in which a guy I was talking to for a couple hours at a bar probably got the "not interested" impression of me because I fail miserably at flirting esp. when my best friend is quite the idiot when drunk and I spend my time making sure she's okay. He goes to the (literally only) local bar and if I ran into him again I would consider saying hi and offering to buy him a drink.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I love it when women buy me a drink. It's a great icebreaker, and a step outside of the norm. It's also a clear sign from the woman about her intentions, which is a rare and beautiful thing. It'll likely catch him off guard, but I don't know anyone who would refuse a drink from a girl they were talking to for hours at the bar previously.

On another note, If you want to be more successful at flirting it's really not that hard. Make periods of consistent eye contact (not extended, that's domineering/creepy). Initiate physical interaction by touching him (usually on the tertiary parts of the upper body [hand, forearm, elbow], to avoid scaring him off). Compliment him on parts of his appearance or personality. ("have you been working out lately?", "What are you all dressed up for? You look good.", "You are so funny!" etc. [Mind you, you should be more creative than me]) Ask him about his personal life ("do you have a girlfriend?", "So, do you live alone?" , etc.). If you've done this, and still feel like it's not working, he might not be into you, he might not be available, or he might be shy. Any which way, it's probably better to take the slow and cautious route.

Also, don't show up with a friend who is a guy. If you are hanging with a dude all night, it makes you off limits immediately, and most men worth their weight in lead won't go after some other dude's chick. Anyone that would, is an a**hole.

What Guys Said 9

• I'd probably be flattered.

• It's a beautiful gesture and I'd love it! I would offer her a drink in return and try to get to know her. Anyone who cares to take an initiative like that deserves my attention.

• I would accept and drink it.

• Though I firmly believe in buying a lady the drink, holding out the door for her etc; if a lady offers to buy me a drink I'd not refuse for courtesy's sake and for emphasizing on man and woman equality.

I'd also be quite thrilled with the idea (I think it's cute).

However, after the 1st drink I'll revert to buying rest of how much ever we drink together :)

But again probably offering to buy a man a drink may be considered a flirtatious and inviting sign depending on what geographic society one is based.

• I like it when a girl asks me if she can buy me a drink, its an instant conversation ice breaker, and not many guys would refuse unless they are with another girl or they just don't see something progressing past, "Cheers"x

• i think its a good idea

• If he sat and spoke to you for a couple of hours he must be somewhat interested. I wouldn't sit in a bar talking to a girl who I wasn't interested in. Its more likely that he is either a bit shy or he doesn't want to appear too interested.

As for the actual question I would be shocked. It never happens. I get girls asking me to buy them drinks sometimes to which I reply that I'm not a cash machine. They don't like that very much. I'd accept if I was offered a drink by a girl.

• That would be a nice surprise for any guy I would think. Go for it, it certainly can't hurt.

• If I was hypothetically old enough to drink, I wouldn't turn down the offer. Hey, free drink! It would be seen as a friendly gesture. Not much deeper, though.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!