I'm having a hard time getting to sleep, I need a bedtime ritual?

Give me ideas. Tea and a book? Yoga? Just washing my face and meditating? What do you do?

Ok I meant non illegal ways to relax.
Well I tried just relaxing with some sleepytime tea. Seems by the time I had my skin routine done after that I was almost out like a light. It was wonderful. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Most Helpful Guy

• From what I have read, heard or seen on documentaries here are some ways of helping yourself to fall asleep.

I warm relaxing bath: The reason is not that the warmth makes you sleepy, it's the sudden change in temperature after the bath that will create that feeling of sleepiness.

A warm-ish glass of milk with a spoon of honey (the honey bit is weird for me because it's sugar).

A book can help, it is not meant to be the same as a screen because the rays of the computer or TV screen harass your brain and you will need a little more focus to follow the movie you are watching. In addition, complete darkness might increase your chances of falling asleep.

Meditation, I have tried it once, it was interesting because I was in a lethargic state but didn't fall asleep although the couple of hours spent meditating gave me back a little energy.

The best solution, is to try the thing that works best for you, and before trying to add something to your routine, find out what is the problem in the current one. There could be a thing you even a few hours before bedtime that makes it harder for you to fall asleep later.

I hope it helps. ^^.

PS: Masturbation would be fun, but would most likely not work, it's very different between men and women, you can orgasm a few times, we can go to bed real quick after.. from my pov you win. lol

• I am actually mad at the negative rating.. it was still a serious answer and for me what worked was to have a warm bath/shower before bedtime, turn off the screen of the laptop but leave a movie on (just audio). I am happy that the tea solution worked for you (hopefully on long term) one night is not a success if it doesn't last. But honestly wth is wrong with my answer !?