How long do rebounds generally last on average?

just would like ppl's own encounters with rebounds whether friends or your own. I know everyone is different and it probably won't apply to my situation as a individual but you never know a average would help.

This question has a poll!

this is good so far keep it coming

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I want to comment on someone who said that you are always a rebound because we all had someone before. I disagree. Let's say I broke up with my partner and I feel like I horribly miss him/her and want him/her back, but I can't have it and it torments me like hell. And, all of a sudden, someone appears in my life who is attracted to me and wants to give lost of attention/affection to me - the VERY attention that I CRAVE SO MUCH FROM SOMEONE I CAN'T HAVE ANY MORE, right? I get involved with the new guy/girl - but it's really because I feel so lonely without that other guy/girl that I am still missing...- this is a rebound. It's like a mild version of cheating, really..(.It's better to have a rebound hook-up than a rebound relationship, then - it would have less hurts) So, it's not a really "honest" realtionship...But let's say, if I broke up with my partner, and grieve and cry and miss for about 6 months or more...and then, I eventually end up feeling like I don't care anymore if I see him/her or not, I don't want to cry any mroe, I am totally happy without that person in my life - I just don't feel lonely without that person any more - it's just my past...and, all of a sudden, someone appears in my life and gives me a lots of attention, and I feel like that might be someone very interesting, and so, I get involved - that would not be a rebound! BIG DIFFERENCE! To avoid those rebound situations, don't get involved with married people who tell you they are in the process of divorce...or people who just broke up...don't do that!

• *either not earlierSorry for the typo.

• I'm going to take a guess and say this was directed at the comments I made below. I don't think the first situation is really a rebound earlier because things can change, maybe you really liked both people or there are other extenuating circumstances that we are unaware of and it is possible for the first one to turn into a healthy relationship just as easily as the second situation could fall apart. Again this is just my belief when it comes to "rebounds" and it very well could be just me.

• i concur with you. people are not always rebounds

What Girls Said 13

• To me rebounds only work out as booty calls

• It depends...If the person they found was better suited for them then the last guy... then of course it's going to be better lasting...duh:)

• couple months

• I was a victim for almost 2 yrs! :(

• My ex was just using me to get over his exes. After the break up, he went back to one of them so obviously I was just a rebound. </3

• but surely if it lasted 2 years that can't be a rebound? genuine question as confused

• A couple of years ago. It was great til I found out that I was just a rebound.

• Show Older
  • mine last somewhere between 1-3 weeks depending on how long I was with my ex and how much I liked him

• One night to a few months roughly

• 11 to 18 years except on leap years

• idk i assume a rebound is every guy you date after your 1st boyfriend/girlfriend if you think about it. so I don't buy into the rebound thing but I guess my by is the rebound guy and were getting married hopefully this year. so they can last for one day or many years. rebound or not I take all my relationships seriously

• I met my husband on the rebound, we dated for two years and married for 21 years but now getting divorced...

• rebounds are funny because if usually means a slight lowering of standards just to get some instant attention. I'd never hook up with someone I had absolutely no interest in, but I'm pretty picky so it tends to end after 2-3 months of casual dating/hooking up

• I personally don't believe in rebounds because there is always someone before you so you will always be a rebound if you think about it. A relationship will last if the 2 people are on the same page and willing to work together to accomplish their goals and aspirations, not because neither of them was a "rebound". If you are just dating someone for the sake of saying you have someone of course it is going to fail. You just have to look at it honestly from both ends.

• mine has lasted 3 years. I am still with him. It wasn't meant to be a rebound, but things happen and got serious and I became really happy with him and lucky.

• oh, I chose D btw..but only from experience and what I have seen from my friends.

• I meant to click 95% but accidentally clicked 80%. Can I get a do-over? lol.

• well... alright I'll take it. thank you. :D

• hahahaha nope sorry but I shall award you a smiley face here you go. :)

What Guys Said 2

• Since "rebound" is understood to mean someone who is sub-standard but filling the void of emptiness, I would say 95-100% of them would fail.

• That's odd. The moderator who fused your two questions also carried over my other answer. Now I seem like a madman!

• I've never had a rebound. I always come to terms with the termination of a relationship before moving on to the next.

• This is really how everyone should be.