For those outside Colorado and Washington! what's the outside view on the legalization cannabis?

So I live in Colorado and recreational use of medicinal cannabis was just legalized for anyone over the age of 21, and I'm wondering what the outside view is on this topic. I'm wondering what the rest of the US thinks so can you put your city and state.

What do you think about this?

What is Colorado's stereotype? Like what do you assume of us if we tell you were from Colorado.

Which state has the best weed?

Can you put your city/state so I can get of views of opinions across the nation. Thanks
How will it affect the War on Drugs? Do you think this will affect the Mexican cartel? How? Could this policy (Amendment 64) be applied to the harder drugs and work? What would happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in Oregon, and honestly I was REALLY surprised that we didn't legalize this time around as well. I wasn't completely surprised about Washington, but Colorado kind of threw me for a loop. Not that I thought you guys would be UNlikely to legalize, just that you snuck up and legalized before Oregon somehow, which I wouldn't have thought likely. The reason I say that is because Oregon was the second state, right after California, to legalize marijuana for medicinal use, and that was like in the 90s. For the most part, we're very PRO weed here, haha. I thought for sure this year would be the one, because it was such a huge deal, and everyone I know [as well as media] seemed to have a strong opinion on the issue [one way or the other], mostly FOR legalization, versus the more passive and lazy response of the past couple years. Everyone made a big fuss over making sure they voted on this if nothing else, and adamantly telling/reminding everyone else to vote on it as well. Those are my only reasons really, not because I assumed Colorado was more anti-pot or anything. I just hadn't really heard much about you guys involving the legalization controversy.

What do I think? I think it's great that we had two states in one year that legalized, I think it's a step in the right direction, and I think more will follow suit next time around. Hell, maybe this year will be Oregon's year. =]

I don't really assume much about Colorado or people from there. First things that come to mind are lots of greenery and forest and outdoorsy folk [much like Oregon], mountains, and the Denver airport... which I hate, haha, sorry. =P

I can't be certain, as I haven't sampled buds from very many different states. Only California and maybe Washington, aside from our own. The big reason being that so much weed is grown and circulated in Oregon [lovingly, expertly grown, people really care for their plants, and not just for the money like one might assume... people have passion for their marijuana], we really don't have reason to bring it in from out of state. Our bud is always great, 'bomb chronic' is basically the norm. You'd be hard-pressed to find 'bad' weed here. Like yeah you can find leaf and trimmings easily enough from someone who's just harvested their plants, but you'd have to really go out of your way, and probably know someone personally, because most people would look at ya real funny if you went around asking for that s.hit, lmao. You may come across 'eh, okay' bud, but usually at a reduced price, and it'll still get you stoned, it's just not that WOW bud that blows you away. =P Anyone I know, 95% of the time will have WOW buds, the sticky, furry/crystallized, dense stoney goodness that smells and tastes awesome. I know some growers and have friends who deal directly FROM growers [whether medical or illegal], rarely are there middle men or anyone shady. Most medical users favor growing their own or getting direct from one grower, over buying from dispensaries.

• You can tell when someone really puts LOVE and care into their crops, I feel, because it really is reflected in the final product. The majority of the BEST weed I've ever tried has been grown locally, in state, and usually pretty close to home. You always hear about how amazing California bud is, and yeah it's damn good [all I've tried at least], but I've had better from home, and they're generally pretty neck-and-neck. I think the main reason we haven't legalized yet in Oregon is because while

• Show Older
    • okay, well just letting you know, many people here aren't going to want to sit and read all of that unless they don't have much else to do. A lot of people won't even have the time for it. You kinda look like you're trying too hard.

• LOL okay then, because typing out whatever ramble my brain takes me on expends SO much effort. The majority of users I know, and that's a lot over the years, spend so much time here in the first place when they don't have much else to do. If you don't want to sit and read it, then don't, and move on, lol, simple as that. I'm not really concerned about one person disliking how I answer questions dude.