How was Seinfeld such a huge hit? I cannot in any way find this show funny.

As you all know, Jerry Seinfeld had his own comedy show for a number of years that is now in syndication and clogs up all the networks. I personally think the show sucks and I don't know how it's remotely funny. I mean Newmann is alright, but that's about it. Who agrees or disagrees?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Sadly only smart people find it to be funny. Hahaha the girl that also thinks it is not funny has me blocked as I tried to down vote her :P. All the people here that I dislike are stupid...that makes me happy inside

• :) thank you sir

What Girls Said 14

• I can't explain why it was a huge hit, all I can say is I loved that

show. It's really funny, how could anybody not like a show about

nothing?! But, then agian I also loved watching the Golden Girls

and Dharma and Greg and many other sitcoms that people probably

don't like lol. Tis fine, just my preference : )

• I can't explain to you why the show was funny.

Its called comedy.

Either you get it or you don't.

I personally loved the show.

And a majority of people loved it has well, which is why it was a huge hit.

I hated when the show was ending, and wish that it went about one or two more seasons longer.

Honestly, I rather a show like the Seinfeld become a huge hit.

Rather than seeing shows that show nothing but trashy people becoming a huge success.

Ex. Jersey Shore, Bad girls club, etc.

At least the people on the Seinfeld show tried to spread laughter (which is healthy for everyone).

Not the trash that's being publicized nowadays on television.

• I only like Kramer.

• I love Seinfield. Staples Jerry, staples.

• yea it sucks

• I freakin' love that show! Think what happens to them is hilarious...Kramer is a riot, Elaine can't dance to save her life, Jerry wears mom jeans, and George is a balding compulsive liar. What's not to love? haha

• i love it!

• I don't get it either bruh bruh

• I guess it has its moments but it's very overrated.

I guess maybe I was disappointed in the type of humour the show had. it was a bit boring

but I think when it was airing it was a big hit because it was very different from a lot of other sitcoms on TV at the time. but now its just "New Yorkers being A-holes."

Personally I like Frasier.

• THANK YOU. I mean t's funny, but it's not HYSTERICAL. And don't you tell me I'm not smart because ... How do I put this without being pretentious... I am quite smart.

• I never understood the appeal either. I've watched it many times, hoping I'd find the reason it's so popular, but I just couldn't get into it.

And honestly, I've never known one person (in real life) that actually liked it. I guess no one likes it around here, haha!

• Irk that show is boring as heck

• The basis of the show was that it was "a show about nothing."

You laugh at it because you can relate to it. It's funny because it's true. They just make fun of the little things that happen to us every day that we normally don't think about.

I didn't understand it when I was younger either because I couldn't relate but now that I'm an adult I think it's really funny.

• I agree. He was not funny. But I think because it was set around everyday life a lot of people could relate to it.

• That made no sense but OK lol.

• Whoa with the insults! I was calm and grown up.

• What that Kramer is racist? Get over it. He's one jerk out of the bunch. No need to be all hung up about it. Not all New Yorkers are racist.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 11

• Probably the worst comedy show made lol

• I've never "loved" the show, but it does have its moments.

All of the main characters are kind of unappealing -

Jerry and his ultra clean-cut comedy and Jewsian opulence

Elaine and her feminist-twat mentality

Kramer and his truly unfunny antics...

but George is exceptional. He is an everyman who is constantly shafted in life, and yet, he still perseveres. He is hands down the best main character on the show, and all of the other people he interacts with are pretty funny too (his parents, Steinbrenner, his boss, etc.).

• Seinfeld is pretty much a about selfish people and how they don't go by th rules society has imposed upon us. Its about doing what is best for us and forget what people may say. Jerry and George date different girls every episode, why? Because they are shallow individuals and its funny to ser people actually being as superficial as they can. Elaine is the same way, screening candidates before using a sponge. If you watch the final episode you can see all the people they have wrongred during the show's run and it finally bit them in the ass. I wish I could be that selfish and just look after myself and seeing them doing that is what makes it funny.

Also the humor is not just your regular sitcom humor, it is smart and if you love that kind of humor you just know and find yourself using it all the time and has become part of our every day vocabulary "double dip", "festivus", "serenity now", they are just too many to mention. I LOVE SEINFELD. If you don't get what makes it funny, then nobody can explain it to you and you are seriously missing out.

• George was also shallow. When he got set up with a bald woman, forgetting he was bald himself. He also dumped Audrey (girl with a big nose) because he couldn't get past the nose. These are self centered individuals, thinking only about themselves. That's what made it funny, if you ever saw curb your enthusiasm, its pretty much the same thing, about a man who only thinks about himself and opposes society's "rules" and gets labeled as a jerk for doing so, but it what we all want to do sometimes

• I agree Jerry was really shallow, but George was just a sad sap that never got a chance (although his reaction to his fiance's death was pretty messed up).

• I liked the show I agree it wasn't hysterical bit it was very lighthearted. I feel at peace when I watch it. Serenity now!

• I don't think it's funny at all either... I guess it isn't my brand of comedy.. Hell I've even found Frasier to be more funny than that show by far.

• Yeah go Tom Brady! He topped Joe Montana for most postseason wins last game!

• Good answer. GO PATS!

• It's all subjective but in the end the ratings don't lie. I love the Seinfeld show.

• I liked Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I could never get into Seinfeld.

• I am a big fan of yours, no need to think that!

• Every time you say that I always think, “Shit, it's you again!”

• Excellent show. Larry David is the man. Thanks Ginsberg.

• The 90's were just a different time. You probably think that Dick Van Dyke, I Love Lucy, Mary Tyler Moore, Mash, and other shows also suck because they're so tame and predictable by today's standards.

During its time, Seinfeld was one of the best things on tv. That either means that everything else was just plain awful, or Seinfeld simply doesn't stand the test of time very well. My vote is for the latter.

• I don't think Mash is tame by todays standards either.

• Predictable that a troll would like the villain of the show. =)

• How is this trolling? Enlighten me. I just was simply stating my dislike for the show.

• How could you not like Kramer? Just looking at his profile made me laugh. What about big Steinbrenner, George's boss? The way he moved his hands when he spoke; hilarious.

• I hate the Yankees, but Kramer was pretty funny I suppose.

• I like it.The show basically focused on the comedy in our daily lives,habits,customs,thoughts.It's pretty cool.Who doesn't like Kramer ? The guy is awesome.I also like "curb your enthusiasm" the writer of seinfeld stars in this one but it can be boring sometimes I have to say but still ,great show.The episode where a reporter thought seinfeld and george were gay and george wanted to prove her wrong "Do you want me to have sex with you right now,I'll have sex with you RIGHT NOW,come on !" hilarious :D