Girls: Would you tape up my mouth?

I can't stop being awkward! Every date I go on I open my mouth and something really stupid comes out; any ideas on when to judge when to just drop a... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• It might help if you gave some examples. Most people have very thin skin and their egos are easily bruised, so yes they probably do want to tape up your mouth, hahaha. First of all, you have to ask yourself, do I need to be right and that is why I won't let a subject go? If so, then you need to work on the need to validate yourself through your opinions. To me, it sounds like you just have a case of nerves. Before you say something, if you can, try thinking "If someone said this to me, how would I react?" If the answer is badly, then I know you know what to do!

You should drop a subject when you realize that you 1) either realize that that subject makes her uncomfortable 2) realize that neither of you can peacefully have a difference of opinion on that matter 3) she knows nothing about it and her eyes are glazing over 4) She finds it offensive. That's a pretty good indication. You might try introducing subjects that you're unsure about slowly and see how she responds to it before you get in too deep. Hope this helps!

Asker upvoted